How often do you use profanity in daily conversation?

When I am with people around my age range or as old as mid-30s to early-40s, I use profanity without second thought.

When I am speaking to much older adults, many who prefer decency, I let one or two words slip, but, they are usually the least vulgar ones.

If there are any children around me, I do everything, though sometimes unsuccessfully, to not use any profanity because I don't want their parents to stare me down because I could have taught their child or did teach their child a new word they should not know until they are at least 15 to 16. Sometimes, those parents seem to forget that they have to be ideal for their children when they are kids, and they swear without acknowledging their child is around; when the child is older and mature enough, the parent should not be afraid to show who they really are.

EDIT - I just want to make a point; the adult comedy South Park proves that grade school kids will use profanity when their parents aren't around. In real life, the kids use those words without knowing what they mean because some words are sexual in their meaning, and, they are prepubescent.

I cut down dramatically, and never at home because of little Emma. She is three years old, don't want her to learn at such a young age.

Its just not cool, and as you get older you start to realize it.

Man the girls, Emma's mom, Pauline and our other roomie when they are drinking..... my gosh they get bad! at least Emma is sleeping when when they get all potty mouthed.

Luckily my parents were not using profanity in their language and i got used to it. Even when talking with my own age, i never use profane words. And i express my distress when some people use such words when talking to me, then after a while they get used to it and stop using such kind of words towards me.

The most vulgar words i use are "idiot, stupid, fool, scumbag, jerk, bear". Actually i love the word "fool" :D

Waaaaay too much, I quite often hear myself talking and every other word is F***(ing), it does seem to depend who I'm with, I can have hours of conversation with people that I know don't swear but I can then walk out out their house and the second, fourth and sixth words to my Wife be F***(ing) and we're only sorting out what to have for dinner :oops:

I find it quite embarrassing at times when hearing myself talking to Friends my own age or younger.

Man the girls, Emma's mom, Pauline and our other roomie when they are drinking..... my gosh they get bad! at least Emma is sleeping when when they get all potty mouthed.

I know.....we get pretty bad at times and I'll work on not swearing so much. At least we are not doing it in public, well not nearly as bad as when we are at home. I do catch myself swearing around Emma and that is not good! I'll stop doing that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%