How much would such a projector cost?

I use the Pioneer KRF-9000FD and it doesn't come close to the prize range as said above. The beamer costs 3500 euro (got it for half the prize) and a lamp cost me 200 euro. They will last for 2000 hours and then you definitely need a new one.

This beast gives me a screen of 120 inch, just big enough for my in-cockpit racing ;) .

The Acer beamer is advertised with a 720p resolution and imo thats not high enough. With a screen as large as 120 inch you'll need 1080p for the best result (you'll see the difference).

Thats exactly what Ive done :) I also watch HD movies on it. Only for gaming usage would be to much indeed.

But, if you are looking for a beamer, do not lower your requirements under the 1080p. The size of the screen (100 inch +) definitely needs that. The best thing is to test it so you can compare the difference. But watch out!!! if you see the difference, there is no way back...

Whilst it looks f'king awesone, what do you reckon would the effect on the old eyesight, sitting so close to such a large screen on a regular basis?

They calim its bad enough on the eyes sitting too close to a TV or a standard sized PC monitor for hours on end, never mind a massive prohected image like that, lol.

with 120 inch and a view distance of 3,5 meter i never have issues with my eyes. I think it also depends on the contrast of the screen. a lower contrast (less light) is more friendly for your eyes :)

A pc or tv screen has got a more brighter screen than a beamer.

I almost went for a triple screen setup. The monitor for it was hard to find so I'll wait for christmas before I start looking again.
If thats iRacing, and thats the Radical SR8 in iRacing, how does he get a left seated one?

It's right seated, he just has a left-seated rig (shifter on the right) so it looks a bit strange when you put it together. Never thought too much about it until you mentioned it, but it would be a hassle to change my shifter for realism in, say, the Roadster.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back