How much worse is the car handling/physics?

Msportdan

@Simberia
**CAR** not AR...

was watching motorstv last nite, and some iracing action at montreal in a touring car series. Looked really fun and i am tempted to start a trial 3 months. I have the usual sims (gsc, rf2 AC, rre, pcars).

So how does the physics stack up to say the best of the above.?

cheers.

spot on. my oval iRating is pretty unimpressive, around 1,000, and this helps me to have huge fun with the other slow chaps in the lowest grid (though sometimes i get to experience firsthand why some have even less impressive iRatings ...). yesterday we finished a dallara oval race in the lowest grid with four guys between pos. 4-7 within less than 0.5 secs. after a fifteen lap clean battle. that is the fun bit about iRating. if you trick yourself into a higher rating all you get is races where you are not evenly matched and have little fun.

**CAR** not AR...

was watching motorstv last nite, and some iracing action at montreal in a touring car series. Looked really fun and i am tempted to start a trial 3 months. I have the usual sims (gsc, rf2 AC, rre, pcars).

So how does the physics stack up to say the best of the above.?

cheers.

have and play same games and I find the iracing physics on par with your list (but I consider rrre and pcars below par).

I find the rf2 and AC FFB systems provide more information to what the card is doing when compared to iracing. I believe that is why some refer to iracing as iceRacing?

IMHO,YMMV
:)

if you want the best online pickup racing then you must try iracing.
:thumbsup:

The fast guys at iRacing most certainly, while good there will or would have real world bad habits.
Seeing Max Verstappen preparing in iRacing with Atze Kerkhof for his real F1 races contradicts with what you said.
There are many examples of iRacers coming to real world racing and doing pretty competitive as well as real world racers who are training in iRacing for their races.

In iRacing for example, many cars require you to keep some slight bit of throttle in the car even in corner situations while braking just to keep the car stable or balanced.
It is simply not true. There are many alien fast drivers who are using heel'n'toe technique so no throttle on breaking is required to go fast.
I'm not saying iRacing is perfect, but you definitely exaggerating it's shortcomings.

You're saying that using iRacing will hurt your driving skills, while many real world racers are using iRacing and although the inputs won't be 100% the same, you can really benefit from it and quickly adapt to real cars what you have learned from the sim.

I'm glad you have a well written argument, I've enjoyed reading it.

I don't have enough experience in iracing or real world racing to comment on its realism or exploiting, I will say however that in my month or so there I've had a blast!

Tight racing, wheel to wheel action, a respect for track space (for the most part) and acknowledging blue flags. Not to mention polite friendly racers even helpful are just some of highlights.

IRacing's online racing & community is the best I've experienced, sure it's system isn't perfect and may well be open to exploits but it's a.country mile ahead of its competition.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%