How much Wing on Magny Cours?

Hi,

I'm driving Magny Cours with the GTS Corvette at the moment in my 'personal' offline champion chip :).

I really don't know how to set the rear wing for this track. There are some tricky corners but also long full throttle passages. So what is your suggestion for this track? 5 wing? 8 wing or even more?

Thanks for advice!

I do this:

1. Turn it one step at a time down until the car don't stay on the track.
  2. Adjust the wing one step up.
  3. After 10 laps of training with that setting, adjust the wing one step down and then it's just right.
But it this is NOT a professional answer... Just my style of doing things.:desire::desire:

Wings hardly have any effect in slow corners so i won't worry to much about that. The only corner it does is T2 and the fast chicane.

From there it is just a matter of correcting the over- and understeer to your personal preference. There is not a fitting answer to your question i think

Hm, I thought that there are track considered as 'low' or 'high' wing tracks. Say Monza is a low wing, Brands Hatch a high wing. Am I wrong?

Bram, you say only in T2 and the fast chicane a car will take advantage of a high wing (this means more down force) so this may lead me to a low wing setting to have a higher top speed and better acceleration on the rest of the track. Right? :)

Other question: I'm using the default setup of the Corvette (changed only the steering lock and on some tracks the gearing ratios). Did Simbin a good job with the default setup or is there some general advice what to change on these default setups. I suppose there is no general advice... but maybe...

First of all I would load the simbin setup (this is not the default Setup!)
This offers a good base for setup. A setup is a very personal thing, so if I were you I would look to the RD setup guide and try to setup your own car. Change only one thing each time and see if your laptimes improve.
Once you get to know what each change will do to your car, making a setup will go much faster.

Wings are all personal preferences. Witht he US muscles the default value is around 2 right? I don't think i have felt the need the put it up on any of the tracks tested yet: let it slide baby, let is slide :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.3%