how much training time

one or two comments by our big boss, THE STIG, made me wonder about the amount of time you take to prepare for a tournament race. Please vote and comment in this thread how much you personally invest - on average.

big boss lol :)

for monza i practiced 2 weeks i guess :) and the other ones the practicing time is less then one hour i guess (only online)

with the exception of the Puebla race where i could not practise too much (was waiting for the pedal fixation) i think i am easily above 250 laps with all the setuping and racing on the next tournament track....

I think it is not just useful to find the best setup, but also to know the track from inside-out, to be comfortable in the race in every situation, if you forced to leave the ideal line.

lazy eckhart

OK, I'll kick it off myself:

my preparation usually looks something like this:

I scrounge the net or pester fellow Chevy drivers for a setup, load it and do a few turns at "time attack" until i feel i know the track / car combo (8-15 laps),
i check tire temps and my driving impressions to change one or two little items in setup, though my knowledge here is very limited, that's about the point i get tired of seeing only one car on track,
another night i try to join an online race with the right combo to get a feel for the setup on a longer turn (8 laps or more if poss.),
I do not count these as a real preparation, though, because the focus is on racing, not on setup or line details,

that's about it.

yeez, by the time i had finished this text, neo and stiggy had already answered, guys you're supposed to be faster on track, not on forum! [-X

I don't really think of hwo many laps I practise on a track, but I guess, with all the online races, qualifying and practise sessions I go through in the two weeks before the actual tournament day I suppose that I hang somewhere between 100 and 250 laps. I don't think I cross the 250 like Neo does, I spent far less time on my setup and prabably more time in improving my lines and steadyness.

I usually train until I got the hang of the track. It usually takes a couple of hours. My main goal is to try to drive atleast two hours a day until tournament, but in reality I can only practice on the weekends. So I'm a bit impressed that wakuwaku[RPM] only need a couple of minutes on a new track and still be so fast. :)
After I learned the track and got the time down to my limit, I start to try different way to brake and accelerate thru a corner to se if I could skim off those darn two seconds that I'm always slower that the top. It's a curse damn it! ;)

usually i don't practice that much..... :)
my practices are more racing @ the track a couple of times with some or a lot of people online so i know what scenario's i can expect....and how i can adapt (my car or race)
the only track i know till now that i practiced a lot is puebla......must have surely driven @250 laps.....

• Henrik Stoldt

Hmmm. 30-50 in Timeattack :). About 5-10 laps at Brno so far, but i don't think that I'll reach 30 this time, because: a) Brno bores me and b) Timeattack bores me even more.

• Kubica

I guess 30-50 laps, mostly i just drive online races and try to choose a server with the next tournament track. I prefer to do races because if somone is faster i can push, and search other (faster) drivinglines. In a race situation jou can also simulate every possibible senario for the race in the tournament.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%