how much nm yo using for direct drive?

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

How yo set yo nm max force in direct drive wheel software.
Im using 12 nm thats 60% of my mige motor max. But im curious how much yo using? I stay with this, tested 20, 15, 13 and 10 nm but stay with 12 but curious is it higher or lower than others. How much yo using?

SC2 Sport here. 50% (8.5NM) inPC2, 55% (ab bit > 9NM) in RF2. As I'm just starting out on this DD adventure, it might well be that I'll feel the need to change params (and strength) depending on car going forward.
Above strength is purely based on my imagination - the effect is what I ASSUME the steering resistance in the real car would be. Most likely I'm surprisingly far off but will never get to know:)

Upvote 0
The truth is — I think it's more about comfort than anything.

No point in your arms and hands aching after half hour — for sure a real racing driver is many times fitter than I am. Plus they probably don't actually get as much seat time!

For me it's more about feedback than the force bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The truth is — I think it's more about comfort than anything.

No point in your arms and hands aching after half hour — for sure a real racing driver is many times fitter than I am. Plus they probably don't actually get as much seat time!

For me it's more about feedback than the force bit.
real (modern) race cars are surprisingly easy on your arms, build for amateur drivers and potential long stints.

If you simulate old F1 cars tho... :confused:

Upvote 0
1:1 in iracing is way off, still dont know why they have it like that.

I always have the sc2 at 100% and adjust in game. something like rf2 usually around .40 and similar of others. depends on car sometimes, especially in iracing.

If you have come from a much lighter wheel you may start to grip too hard and get tired. If you are wearing gloves to help with grip it can be a good idea to try and remember not to do a death grip. Sometime I think new guys get more tired with their own extra effort they dont always need to do.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years