How much longer will mods be developed for Assetto Corsa?

What with Assetto Corsa Competizione on the horizon, how much longer will modders continue to develop and release content for Assetto Corsa? When I had Project Cars, I was late to the party and the modding had pretty much dried up when Project Cars 2 came out. I don't have the system to run Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa Competizione, so, will the summer see modding for Assetto Corsa begin to wind down? Are there things in development hell that we may never get to see?

Mitja my friend, dont know if you've seen the latest shaders for AC. That is here now, thanks to Xfab, leBluem and others. Get your SOL installed and the latest shader and enjoy ;) It is beautiful.
Beautiful indeed, but I was talking about way more sophisticated physics in ACC, which for me is 75% of the game. Personally I don't give much on graphics, but if there is, that better, and ACC has is plenty too, specially night effects and driving in the rain and changeable conditions, which AC will never have unfortunately. I will install SOL, but when new update comes.

Most important tracks have been already created for AC, what else do you expect?

If you have the system to run AC at 60fps, Project Cars 2 should run at 30-50fps with the same graphics settings.

Yes thanks to the incredible community we have here, many tracks have been done. But there's still plenty left, look at rfactor for comparison. I think of vintage tracks when they weren't destroyed by chicanes... Also we don't have many ovals.

AC is in stronger position now than at any other time, and it continues to grow. Modders have embarrassed Kunos with what they've managed to squeeze out of the game engine.
That's a very, very poor way to look at the situation.

Ilja has been working on the AC patch for well over a year, Henter a bit less, and I've been onboard for 7 months. Three developers putting in many, many hours into something that doesn't really have all that many groundbreaking features. Kunos never had that opportunity with AC and have now far exceeded (most of) it with ACC. We have quite a lot of respect for the development that Kunos did for AC, so saying that we've embarrassed them is completely unfounded and really against the whole reason the patch exists.

That's a very, very poor way to look at the situation.

Ilja has been working on the AC patch for well over a year, Henter a bit less, and I've been onboard for 7 months. Three developers putting in many, many hours into something that doesn't really have all that many groundbreaking features. Kunos never had that opportunity with AC and have now far exceeded (most of) it with ACC. We have quite a lot of respect for the development that Kunos did for AC, so saying that we've embarrassed them is completely unfounded and really against the whole reason the patch exists.
I don't think you're taking my statement in the lighthearted way it was intended. Kunos devs have said themselves that mods are adding things to AC that they didn't think possible of the existing engine. Did I mean that Kunos are red-faced, hanging their heads in shame, or that Kunos are lesser devs as a result? Of course not. Neither did I suggest that embarrassing Kunos was ever Ilja's intention. Don't look for something that isn't there please.

Kunos devs have said themselves that mods are adding things to AC that they didn't think possible of the existing engine.
I havent seen this at all.
What i have seen is Kunos (Stefano) say they most of the things added to the shaders patch were things never on the list to even attempt (most notably night/rain) because they felt time was better spent elsewhere (remember he had a whole sim to create...) not because it was deemed impossible.

I havent seen this at all.
What i have seen is Kunos (Stefano) say they most of the things added to the shaders patch were things never on the list to even attempt (most notably night/rain) because they felt time was better spent elsewhere (remember he had a whole sim to create...) not because it was deemed impossible.
I think multiple light sources was mentioned somewhere, for example. Might be wrong.

I don't think you're taking my statement in the lighthearted way it was intended. Kunos devs have said themselves that mods are adding things to AC that they didn't think possible of the existing engine. Did I mean that Kunos are red-faced, hanging their heads in shame, or that Kunos are lesser devs as a result? Of course not. Neither did I suggest that embarrassing Kunos was ever Ilja's intention. Don't look for something that isn't there please.
You didn't phrase it in a particularly lighthearted manner, so it was worth clearing the air for if your intention had lined up with what was written. In any case, it's not true in any respect, joking or not.

I think multiple light sources was mentioned somewhere, for example. Might be wrong.
Sure, not without rewriting the engine, which is largely what the patch does (it's 45,000 lines of code, after all).

Everything that's been added in the patch could have been added by Stefano if time had been more permissive (and in fact, much of it -and more- was added for ACC's release).

Theres a perfect Limerock by you know who already :D... dm me.
Chicane and no chicane, wet and dry.

wallhaven-757677.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%