• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

How much longer will mods be developed for Assetto Corsa?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Rogerbee, Mar 17, 2019 at 09:40.

1. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +13
    What with Assetto Corsa Competizione on the horizon, how much longer will modders continue to develop and release content for Assetto Corsa? When I had Project Cars, I was late to the party and the modding had pretty much dried up when Project Cars 2 came out. I don't have the system to run Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa Competizione, so, will the summer see modding for Assetto Corsa begin to wind down? Are there things in development hell that we may never get to see?

2. Bruno Iwanczuk

Bruno Iwanczuk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Most important tracks have been already created for AC, what else do you expect?

If you have the system to run AC at 60fps, Project Cars 2 should run at 30-50fps with the same graphics settings.

3. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +13
    That's fair enough. I looked at the system requirements for Project Cars 2 and my system doesn't even meet the minimum.

4. guidofoc

guidofoc
    Premium

Ratings:
    +347
    The thing about AC is that it has been made "moddable" by the developers since the beginning, plus there is a very active community. ACC is not moddable and it is for the moment only focused on GT3 cars. So it looks like there will be new mods for AC coming out for quite a while.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +421
    ACC does not replace AC as a modding platform since it's not moddable at all, or as an all-purpose racing game since it has Blancpain GT Series only. So it's pretty unlikely that AC modding would die with ACC, it could decrease somewhat as players move to play ACC though.

Also even if the release of new AC mods were to slow down, there is an enormous amount of content as is. You could have 1000+ hours in AC and that's nowhere near enough time to really drive all mods and official content.

6. LilSki

LilSki

Ratings:
    +3,865
    Still plenty of tracks I plan to make for AC and have no plans to go anywhere else right now. I have a feeling AC will be around for quite some time.

• Love Love x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,030
    It really depends who comes out with a moddable game that's more modern than AC, I don't think any of the companies who generally make racing sims have announced a next project in the near future that fits the bill. Reiza's got something at some point but last I heard it was called 'reiza 17' so it's already 2 years behind.

8. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +33
    Well thats a great thing to hear indeed. Perhaps you can pencil in Portland / PIR at some point. AMS has a version of it that looks nice, but don't have Automobilista. Driven thousands of laps there fyi ;) This was just one weekend where I drove with CART/ChampCar back when the series was around (yes todays Indycar sucks compared to).
    As far as modding for AC and the future? It isn't going anywhere soon. ACC is a single class sim and un-modable.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RMR1

RMR1
    Rainer Maria Rosemaier Premium

Ratings:
    +199
    With the recent powerboost through custom shader patch and SOL, well approximately the next 10 years? (GPL mods.....! Hint hint)
    Edit: overshoot reaction deleted, srry.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 18:04
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +13
    That's good to know and I got some good answers. I got bored with Project Cars when one mod broke all the others. I decided to try Assetto Corsa and haven't looked back since. So glad that things are continually being developed and will be for a time to come.

Thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. aphidgod

aphidgod

Ratings:
    +1,514
    I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

• Beer Beer x 8
    • Love Love x 5
  12. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +13
    Nice one!

13. Peter Boese

Peter Boese
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,448
    AC after its official develepment is similar to rfactor in this special phase of life. But the difference is: AC got a complexity by Kunos, what is almost manageable by single persons and a community. So what we see today is imo 50% of the quality it could have. The main reason of future development is a Shader based system, where you can develop core functions and people are able to manage this in their free time. AC now is a novelty in the Sim racing universe. As long as we are keeping the playground clean and fresh, as long it will live...

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    As long as people are willing to pay for quality content and are decent enough to donate

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,333
    I would say this game will still last for ages, specially because its so opened for modding, and now with this SOL mod, which I haven't even tried it yet.
    But latelay I'm more driving ACC, after Kunos has fixed multiplayer. And I have to say I'm more and more in love into this game. Its so great. And it makes AC look kind of old in all ways. ACC really is a step forward, specially physics wise.
    Look at this stunning pic I took yesterday in pits at Zolder during qualifing:
    [​IMG]

16. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +33
    Mitja my friend, dont know if you've seen the latest shaders for AC. That is here now, thanks to Xfab, leBluem and others. Get your SOL installed and the latest shader and enjoy ;) It is beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +13
    All good to know! I could keep going with my current rig for a while to come then.

18. guidofoc

guidofoc
    Premium

Ratings:
    +347
    I am an AC fanboy and forever grateful to the modders, but ACC is on another level. Both in car and outside the effects are really great, and rain is fantastic. The sounds are out of this world and just watching the cars passing by in F7 view (great motion blur) is amazing. I dream of a day when the ACC engine is used by modders. Well we are lucky as we can have both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    A special request for a good mod of Sonoma Raceway/Sears Point and Thunderhill Raceway. Both located in Northern California.

20. XtC24

XtC24

Ratings:
    +3
    I would be very happy to donate for good looking and accurate modern day Le Mans track.

Pleeeeaaaase.

But I also hope also it will be made for R3E when will we get Night/Rain there or even GTR3 ? ;)
    The sound in Raceroom and even GTR2 is on another level compared to AC also

And to not turn the thread in a wishlist I also think that since the new game are not modders friendly and ACC is for Blancpain only, threre will be new mods coming for AC for long for sure

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 13:14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.