How much is it nowadays?

Hey there guys!

I've been wondering about starting iRacing over again, although I can't say that I dug myself so deep into it last time, I'm getting more and more hooked on, despite the bad comments about tire model and the RUF, it still interests me at some point.

How much does it cost to build up a sort of Road "Career"? I'm mostly into GT racing, so I would of course love to participate in one of those leagues. I'm especially interested about the cars and tracks needed to run the season and have most out of it. Every time I think about it, it's the excessive ammoun of money needed to spend on content if I wanted to take it one bit serious. Can someone sum me up the costs of it?

Where are you now? Rookie or D? What content do you already have?
It's hard to tell how much it will cost, because you can choose your own path and it all depends on which series/cars you want to race.

About the costs, you don't have to buy all content you need at once. You can spread the costs of iRacing. In the beginning it wil be a lot of money, but once you have the content you need it will be much cheaper.

That means you don't have to start from scratch and you have some content.

You could buy the Porsche RUF. You'll get 4 versions for the price of 1. There is a RUF Cup in C and the GT3 Challenge in B. That would save you a bit of money. Then you have to look what tracks you would need.

And the Ruf also races a third series with the DP. Make sure to buy subscription time when it's $50 off, and buy the Ruf+5 tracks for about $60 you'll have quite a few series open to you, with something available every week.

I was summing it all up and look like I'm going with the following content:
RUF
MP4

Bathurst
Silverstone
Watkins Glen
Road America
Interlagos
Spa
Sebring
Suzuka

For the beginning I'll get a 1 month subscription, then order more at St. Patty's day, just because I don't think I can wait that month to begin. Thanks guys for all the info.

Thanks for the advices :) I already went with the content I listed up here, though I found a 3 for 1 promotion in my mailbox, so I used that, and got a 3 month subscription. I'm aiming to get into the B licence quickly and do the multiclass racing, that's why I got the MP4.

Uh, oh. That hit hard :p I thought, like in every logical way that if you put 2 cars of the same class which are amongst the same laptimes you would handle them as a single class. Well, it's still good to have 2 choices to race, I didn't regret it, still need like 0.10 safety rating to get involved in that series though.

You'll have three choices once
Uh, oh. That hit hard :p I thought, like in every logical way that if you put 2 cars of the same class which are amongst the same laptimes you would handle them as a single class. Well, it's still good to have 2 choices to race, I didn't regret it, still need like 0.10 safety rating to get involved in that series though.

It'll be three choices once the BMW hits:)the GT series is quickly taking over iRacing. I just looked through the participation numbers of some of the other road series, and they're ghost towns, particularly the Prototype/GT series.

There's a thread on the official forums about iRacing potentially putting the Ford GT, Caddy, and Corvette into the GT3 series (after some tweaking, of course). If iRacing is smart, they'll do this. Having this many makes would make the GT3 series even more popular than it is now, and might even attract new users.

There's a thread on the official forums about iRacing potentially putting the Ford GT, Caddy, and Corvette into the GT3 series (after some tweaking, of course). If iRacing is smart, they'll do this. Having this many makes would make the GT3 series even more popular than it is now, and might even attract new users.
It was actually Steve tweeting that they were considering doing it that started the forum discussions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%