How much fuel for a race?

i'm not a hardcore player, is there any "easy" way to know how much fuel should i go with without always putting 100 liters in the car? (assuming in this game the amount of fuel we carry affects our weight/speed)

Regarding the tires, is it also viable to run the entire race with the same set? I'm seeing the AI stopping in the pit lane, and i just want to know how should i behave in this matter to compete with them :)

For a rough indication on the fuel. Look on screen how much fuel you use per lap and multiple that with the amount of laps the race is.

About the tire question. With the "enter" button to can toggle the LCD on screen display. There is a section showing you the degradation of the tyres with colors (green, yellow, red). Green means that the tires haven't worn. The more towards red the more your tires will be gone and its advised to change them if you loose so much grip that your laptimes are going up with seconds.

Thanks for the answer, the main reason i asked this is because i saw people telling each other that pit stops are no longer necessary, and going without refueling/changing tires is the way to go, but i still see the AI going to the pits once in a while, which kinda makes me go inside as wheel, to compete fairly with them.

I'd say they go for tyres primarily. A few guys reported tyre wear for players is harsh compaired to AI. Eventually Reiza addresses mandatory Pitstops at all for the Stockcars so no AI or Players has to go for tyres/fuel. There's still aero/suspension damage to be repaired though :)

Personally I like the AI pitting, it adds some interest, and usually I have to pit as well anyway.
But if you don't want them to pit, just turn off the Ethanol use / tyre wear in the main menu :)

Is anyone seeing stops for fuel with the Stocks in races under 40 minutes (assuming 1x consumption)? They should be able to make it that far without stopping.

Yes, I am. I have run two races using the new 2012 rules of the real championship, which no longer requires pit stops over a 40 min session lenght at Interlagos e then at Curitiba and both all AI went to pits around half of race. See my post at "Stock Car Rules?" thread. Tire wear and ethanol usage were both set at normal.

Yes, I am running a season with 40 minute races and normal fuel and tyre setting, and all AI are pitting over a 5 lap period around the 20 minute mark. Don't know if it's for tyres or fuel, but my tyres are also feeling slippy by then so I pit as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back