How many of the regular GTL drivers / League drivers also have rFactor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
This is just a preliminary question, if the GTL issue escalates and gets worse and more complicated, there's a chance we could use the Historix mod for rFactor.

But, obviously, I wouldn't want to freeze out anyone who doesn't have rF if I could help it, hence the poll.

Nothing's definite, so please don't think we're jumping ship and changing sim at the drop of a hat.

And please - vote honestly.

• Matt Crouch

Haven't voted... I own both but I haven't tried Historix so I have no idea if it's any good ;). I would like to try some of these cars round Lienz though

don't have rfacror. i do have gtr2 and the power and glory mod. why not use that?
Well, I don't have GTR2, plus the rFactor community is still running here, the GTR2 one died after a couple of weeks of reinstatement, so it would seem logical that the rF one is the better choice.

Also, me not having GTR2 would make it harder for me to run or admin anything.

Also, as I understand it, P&G simulates cars as they were back then (old tyres etc), whereas GTL & Historix both simulate the modern historic racing series, ie old cars with newer tyres etc.

I have rFactor, but I haven't tried the Historix mod (why would I when I have GTL?) I did try the P&G mod for GTR2, but still prefer GTL.
I haven't participated any online event with rFactor, perhaps this is the time to start... (I haven't voted yet as I have no clue how it feels/smells, perhaps it stinks :th_wink:)

I've got GTL but I don't play it because of starforce - therefore I play the Historix mod instead - seems to be more fun anyway, cars feel better and the sounds are great.

There are was around the starforce issue James. using Win7, I have to get round it myself, and it works well, without any prblems. As you own the game, I don't believe it's illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%