PC1 How many FPS will I get with 780 sli & triples?

Hi
I haven't bought this yet. I'm wondering what sort of performance I'll probably get with my setup. I have slightly overclocked 780s in sli, triples, and an i74770k.

What kind of FPS could I expect at, say, medium settings? Would I get more than 60?

I run a i3770K 3.5G, 16G RAM, 2x 770GTX 8M in SLI on triples and have 60Hz monitors, mostly ultra settings and all PP (DoF, Motion Blur, Sun Glare etc) stuff and shadows off (because flickering). I don't have any exact FPS figures but i perceive no stuttering (vsynched to 60FPS) even in rain and with 20 AI on track. I think I run 4xMSAA and 4xSMAA also (could be 2x, have to check).

I run a i3770K 3.5G, 16G RAM, 2x 770GTX 8M in SLI on triples and have 60Hz monitors, mostly ultra settings and all PP (DoF, Motion Blur, Sun Glare etc) stuff and shadows off (because flickering). I don't have any exact FPS figures but i perceive no stuttering (vsynched to 60FPS) even in rain and with 20 AI on track. I think I run 4xMSAA and 4xSMAA also (could be 2x, have to check).
Thanks for your reply.
So it's perfectly smooth, you'd say?
Does it look good on triples?

I run 780 ti SLI on triples with an i5 4670k with mostly everything on high/medium and I easily get 90-100 fps. I have 60hz monitors so I run with vsync on and I never have a problem going below 60 fps even with a full grid

Turn off your vsync, use -fpscap instead, thank me later :).

The biggest issue is that you get used to the delay. Try this, let a friend play, and watch from an angle, you will see what I mean!
But that means I should have felt the difference when I turned vSync off. Anyway, I'm happy with my sims with vSync, its an option that works for me. I just can't stand choppy/stuttering graphics.
And I don't have any friends :unsure:

Last edited:
But that means I should have felt the difference when I turned vSync off. Anyway, I'm happy with my sims with vSync, its an option that works for me. I just can't stand choppy/stuttering graphics.
And I don't have any friends :unsure:
You got enough friends on this forum ;-).

The delay can make you quite a bit slower, hard to put a number on it, but if I turn on vsync I am about 1.5 sec slower.

Hi
I haven't bought this yet. I'm wondering what sort of performance I'll probably get with my setup. I have slightly overclocked 780s in sli, triples, and an i74770k.

What kind of FPS could I expect at, say, medium settings? Would I get more than 60?

I have a very similar set-up:
4770k + tri-sli gtx 780.
Everything goes well in pcars and I am quite sure the third card does not bring anything in this game.

You can target a combination of high and ultra parameters if you are reasonnable on the aa settings and avoid options that activate Physics.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing