How Many Formula 1 Circuits Have You Visited?

We
Oulton Park, Silverstone, Donington, Monaco, Indianapolis, Sebring, Austin
ll I have done many trackdays at Oulton, but as far as I know it has never held a Formula one or grand prix race. It has had F1 cars on it, as have most of the British circuits. In 1971 the Rothmans trophy was held there.

Anyone care to share which tracks they've visited gave the "best" view of the action (i.e. you could see a large amount of the track compared to other tracks)? Would love to see Monaco and Suzuka in person.

I've asked myself the same question and used a lot of Google Maps to find the answer(s).

The best I have come up with is Austria, the grandstands after Turn 1. You can see nearly the entire circuit, except for the S/F straight. You can watch the cars go up the hill to T3, across the ridge to T4, down the hill and back in front of you through T6-8, and then you lose them as the go past the pit entry.

I've heard the grandstands in China are pretty great, too. If you can get up high enough, you can see the whole circuit, except for the hairpin at the end of the long back straight.

If you find a spot on the hills next to the esses, then COTA could be a good one, as well. Unless you get a seat in the stands at T4, I think this is mostly a general admission area.

Of the current F1 circuits.

Sliverstone x 3
Spa
Barcelona x 2
Singapore
Canada
And going to Abu Dhabi in November for the last race of the season.

I want to go to them all before I go to the big scrap heap in the sky.

Indy, COTA, Fuji, Monaco and Monza.

At COTA, after several years of experimentation, we have locked in to the grandstands at the braking point of the back straight into Turn 12 which gives you a view of the cars for about 40 seconds of the lap and you can see all the action areas. The higher the seat, the better the view of the rest of the track.

Our seats are on the rail looking down the back straight and we can see the cars into and through T 1, down from T 1 through the esses, some of the run to T 11 and then along much of the back straight (although the large concert stage now blocks our view of the exit from T 11), then all the action from T 12 -15 until the cars are about halfway through the triple apex right hander at T 16-18.

We have a couple of friends that have seat licenses on the front straight grandstand. While the bars and lounges are better, they see the cars for about 5 seconds a lap -- although they good a great view of the pit stops, I would not trade our seats for theirs for anything.

I lived right next to Sepang circuit from 2012-2014 and went there for the race and qualifying in 2013 and 2014. I also went to the Monaco GP in 2015.

My next planned GP weekends are probably Monza and Silverstone, although I'm not sure when.

One. Anderstorp. TBH it isn't great to watch racing on, but it's only like 45 mins away, so I there pretty often. Planing on attending the 50 year anniversary this weekend with classic car and motorcycle racing, several former F1-cars driven on track and flight show, drifting etc. Gonna be photograph it (if I can attend) so if anyone wanna see some pics I'll post a link here. Might need to remind me though :p

Never on race day :(
Visited tracks in Estoril, Jerez de la Frontera, Paul Ricard and Nurburgring

Oh, I forgot about Monte Carlo, does it count if I drove it with motorbike on regular day :ninja: Made two whole laps :thumbsup:

My list is tragic.

Silverstone x 1 and Melbourne x 5.

Would love to visit Monaco, Monza, Bathurst and to do a lap of Nordschleife.

Will do a full European/Asia F1 tour at some point.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 131 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%