How Many Formula 1 Circuits Have You Visited?

20 something or so tracks at least...sim racing is a helluva drug. :laugh:

In real life: Zero. I live at least 3,000 km from the nearest circuit (which is a two way tie between COTA and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve)...Interlagos would be the next closest at 5,000 km...any farther and I'd have to cross the Atlantic/Pacific.

However, I may have the opportunity to go to a race next year...my Wife and I started heading by my mother to watch the F1 races this year (no cable and poor internet speed) and my mom caught the bug...she gets more excited than I do now :roflmao:...she's adamant now that we're gonna check out an F1 race..."next year" she keeps saying LOL

Anyone care to share which tracks they've visited gave the "best" view of the action (i.e. you could see a large amount of the track compared to other tracks)? Would love to see Monaco and Suzuka in person.

Anyone care to share which tracks they've visited gave the "best" view of the action (i.e. you could see a large amount of the track compared to other tracks)? Would love to see Monaco and Suzuka in person.

In sims you can get a pretty accurate idea

I like in rF2 being able to free roam up the hills and just sit and watch, online and offline

2 favourites are Belgium Historic sitting up in the hills outside Burnenville and watch cars come from Les Combes into Burnenville and all the way down to Malmedy

Best is on the train tracks you can watch them come down Masta straight into Stavelot
and all the way up to La Carrière

Although not F1 I would think in the hills above Laguna Seca would be nice

Does classic ones count?
1986es.jpg

The grand prix of el tio pepe is my local grand prix. (Jerez)
Been there to watch the Formula Renault 3.5, had a talk with Pietro Fittipaldi and René Butler, i had an autograph from all of them ^^

Estoril, my local track and La Sarthe
Estoril was during the 50 years of 911 event, and Le Mans was in 2015 in the 24h race

I wanna visit Spa and the Nordschleife late on this year hopefully

20 something or so tracks at least...sim racing is a helluva drug. :laugh:

In real life: Zero. I live at least 3,000 km from the nearest circuit (which is a two way tie between COTA and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve)...Interlagos would be the next closest at 5,000 km...any farther and I'd have to cross the Atlantic/Pacific.

However, I may have the opportunity to go to a race next year...my Wife and I started heading by my mother to watch the F1 races this year (no cable and poor internet speed) and my mom caught the bug...she gets more excited than I do now :roflmao:...she's adamant now that we're gonna check out an F1 race..."next year" she keeps saying LOL

Same with my Mum, loves F1 and racing in general. We went to the Le Mans 24hr in 2013 which was pretty awesome.

Best track I've been to where you can see a lot of action is Brands Hatch Indy. It's a natural amphitheatre and I've watched BTCC, WTCC and DTM there. COTA is ok but there are large areas of the circuit blocked by large Winnebagos....
On the hills in Barcelona behind the start finish straight was an awesome viewing spectacle back in the V8 era, sounded like fighter jets flying down the straight

I was first thinking only Singapore as that's the only race I've seen.

Then I remembered I've walked Monaco and Albert Park. I also have a friend who used to work at Silverstone, so I've been there as well, mostly for some professional simulator-testing. But we spent a while watching a track-day as well.

4 tracks isn't too bad :)

Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Spa. I notice some have said Le Mans, I have been there, but didn’t know it was a Grand Prix circuit. I hope to visit a few more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%