F1 2011 How Is Your Career Progressing?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Post up how you're doing in your career thus far.

Force India - Four Wins, Three Poles, Only Missed the Podium Three Times

Melbourne - 4
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 11
Spain- 2
Monaco - 1
Canada - 1
Valencia - 2
Silverstone - 4

Lead Mark Webber in the championship by 20 points.

i started my career with force india, was winning too easy, i was using the 11/11 set up and ai legend.
restarted it with williams using realistic setup, i like a challenge

only done 1 race so far, quali- 7th finished the race 5th

Started with Force India with no assists, Legend AI. Qualified 14th and finished 7th in Melbourne. In Malaysia I finished 9th after losing a position to Schumacher on the last lap. In a rainy Shanghai race, I qualified 18th and finished 8th, losing a position to Mark Webber this time. In Istanbul, I qualified 12th and finished 13th, after getting a penalty on the last lap and losing my 12th place.

Currently, my career is halted due to my G25 smelling like it's burning, so I'm gonna send it to them and in 3 weeks I'll get the G27 for free :).

Season 1 i won it with Force India, Season 2 won it with williams, season 3 Lotus Renault won it also but only championship drivers, now im in Season 4 with Toro Rosso,, 4 races gone, 1st race got a 3rd place, 2nd race got a 4th place, 3rd race got an 8th place, 4th race got an 3rd, im pretty sure this season i won't win it anymore, specially cause i make bad QF, as much as i push it in QF, it seems i can't catch up the 1st 8 places, Qf it has always been harder:eek:

new carrier on wheel "Manta Supreme Compressor 4 Monza" (took while to configure:( ) on settings:
AI - prof
only trac control
length 100%
team AT&T Williams
1. race (Melbourne)
qual in wet 12th,
race in wet/dry - tomorrow start:D

but other ai drivers performance shocks: Vettel 20, Hamilton 18, BARICHELLO 8 or 6 don't remember. Before i was playing on pad, and i did better times on slow tracks with lot of slow corners.. strange, isn't it?

Maybe not, I'd say a wheel gives by the biggest advantage on high speed corners because you're often having to make such small adjustments with the wheel/throttle to make it right...much harder to do that on the pad. Whereas small corners you tend to hit your entry speed, full or nearly full lock and accelerate out...a formulae that works for the pad with greater ease?

good point, but at last wheel is more comfortable for gearing and using kers/drs. Pad is for FIFA, not F1 in my opinion;) in f1 2010 i played with momo racing wheel by logitech, and to be honest, it didn't work well. On F1 2011 they've fixed controller adjustment, but ai, agression and times on pro level isn't really like in true life... disappointment. But, i'm going to rebuild database, so it would be more "realistic".

My few words of anger (fueled by Rammstein's "Du Hast" in the headphones :mad:):
My career is going slowly, at about 1 GP every two weeks (so it's pretty realistic in that matter ;]) - mostly out of lack of time.
Anyway - I'm doing my first season in a Lotus and so far it's going unusually well:
- 7th in Australia (I could be 5th, but I ran out of fuel at the beginning of the last sector of the last lap and two guys caught up with me just meters before the finish line...),
- 3rd in Malaysia (could be 2nd, if it wasn't for a spin in the last corner of the penultimate lap).
So far I've had some bad luck, but overall it's going TOO good for a Lotus - and I'm not even mentioning getting Pole Position in both races... Yyyeah, I think I should crank the difficulty level up a notch :D

So, time for the Chinese GP. From the practice sessions I learned, that I don't like this track too much, but it's not like I have much of a choice...
Q2 ended surprisingly, with Vettel and Hamilton going out. Q3 and... oh look, I'm on Pole. Seriously, in a Lotus? :D
Unfortunately I had to start the race with option tyres at 70%, so the default strategy needed to be tweaked - fresh primes on lap 5, then new options at lap 15 and 22. The race starts and I managed to squeeze myself past whoever_that_was in the first corner. Couple of corners later and I'm building a comfortable few-second gap.
So far, so good, right? Well, the bad luck kicks in again - I come to the pits and... the game crashed. Oh, well - it's only been a few laps.
Restart and the first couple of laps are pretty much the same. I come to the pits at lap 5 aaaand... ok, the game didn't crash. I come out 4th on fresh primes and after a few laps I'm 1st again (due to others stopping for tyres). So I'm going, and going... And at lap 15 I'm about 30 seconds in front of Massa, so going for new tyres shouldn't be a problem. I come out, still first, and start pushing (like hell) all over again. At lap 22 once again I had enough of a gap, to come in for the last time and return on the lead. Lap 25, I'm first, 7s in front of Massa, Vettel is further 10s behind. Just three laps to go and I win my first Grand Prix!
Aaaaaand then the game crashed again...

Just finished season 3.

Was a tight title race, then I got wins in Korea and India to secure the title coming down the stretch. Finished up with an 8th at Abu Dhabi and a 5th at Brazil (should have been higher but for the last 3 laps in damp conditions and the AI going at dry pace). That was with Mercedes. Won the title by 20 odd points in the end. I only just crept over 300 points though, so I was lucky that no one really stamped authority on the title race otherwise I'd not have won it.

Moving to McLaren for season 4 :) Going to do it with limited OSD, no session restarts under any circumstances and 6/6 springs as standard (season 3 I did half 6/6 and half 7/7). Hopefully it should provide an even competition. I thought about doing it in cockpit view only but I just don't like the fact you can't turn your head that little bit to focus on the corner apex. I think I'll keep practicing with it in FP to see if I can get used to it

Just got the title @ Suzuka ( A Famous world champion decision track ) With williams 298 Pts. Running Professional AI, And i use Medium TC and Auto gears as AIDS ( I Play with PS3 Controller ) And accepted a contract offer from Our Italianos! Ferrari

Season 4 with McLaren:

Aus - Q1 R DNF (I touched the wall on the left just before turn 5...that's the right hander pretty much flat out) and got an instant dnf. It was only a tiny touch, but I had smoke coming out of my wheel as if it was a suspension failure or something. I was a bit in shock at first, but it felt kinda satisfying in a strange way to actually get a dnf. Got a bit of a debatable penalty on lap 1 for causing a 'major collision' despite no one spinning or getting any damage. It was a harsh penalty but when I looked at the replay Webber had a wheel alongside me and I turned across him, I didn't know he was there to be honest. So I took it like a man, I was climbing back up from P10 when I retired.
Mal - Q1 P1 (won by about 6 seconds in the end)
Chi - Q4 P4
Tur - Q3 P1

Third in the championship, and I've managed to tailor the spring settings to have a competitive season with the AI I think. Should be a good one!

I'm in halfway through season 1 (Williams) with 2 Poles (China, Monaco) and 1 win (Monaco). Except Australia, Malaysia and Great Britiain I'm always beetwen P4-P9, always in Q3 in Qualifying. Season 2 I will spent with Williams, just renewed my contract after Nurburgring.

WDC - 7th
WCC - 6th

Im on the 2nd season of my career, playing on Expert with 50% races. Started out with Virgin and finished 19th in the season. Then i signed a contract with Williams and have just finished Melbourne. After a race long battle with the Saubers i finished 7th :) Also Renault and Ferrari are the top teams just now, even though Vettel took the title last year

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back