F1 2011 How Is Your Career Progressing?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Post up how you're doing in your career thus far.

Force India - Four Wins, Three Poles, Only Missed the Podium Three Times

Melbourne - 4
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 11
Spain- 2
Monaco - 1
Canada - 1
Valencia - 2
Silverstone - 4

Lead Mark Webber in the championship by 20 points.

Driving for HRT, im currently on Monaco. Here is a report on how my season has been going(expert mode 50% long race weekend).

Australia: Qualify 17th, moved up to 9th off the start, was holding my own and in 15th when a safety car hit letting me get my last stop and moving to 13th...however on cold primes on 1st lap after restart i spun out through the high-speed chicane at sector 3 and crashed into 2 or 3 cars, resulting in a pit for damage and a drive through....finished 18th.

Malaysia: Qualified 19th, was in 16th after heidfeld and maldonaldo came together...pitted to get rid of my inters for primes and a slew of errors around lap 17 moved me back to 18th, including a drive-through for not letting a lapping car passed on the pit straight, we went around the last corner and he aggresively ran into the back of me as i pulled to the left off the line to let him through...to add insult to injury i managed to come out in 18th but maldonaldo tucked in behind a lapping car and sailed by me.

China: Made it to Q2 for the second time but lost the position to the pace of the FI behind me(di resta). Pretty standard race, 18th. Managed to hold maldonaldo behind me for 6 laps after he was 30 secs down from a 1st lap incident, he and barichello ironically ran into each other into turn 2 and maldonaldo got turned around, nearly swiping me out in the process.

Turkey: Quali 16th, Race 19th. Had a brutal high-speed crash in turn 8 trying to hold off maldonaldo again, he came out intact but being on the inside line i tucked into the inside wall, broke my wing and punctured 2 tyres. Lucky not to DNF, came out in 18th but didnt risk holding back sutil for too long fearing a penalty late in the race.

Spain: Qualified 19th, couldnt get a decent session together but wet race, managed to sneak up to 15th with good laps in the wet, helped that maldonaldo and heidfeld came off the track. However on lap 27 i lost it at the 4th to last corner and broke my nose, then got a drive-through for cutting the last chicane(i couldnt brake in the wet and slid through sideways....sigh). Came out in 18th 45 seconds ahead of Maldonaldo and stayed there the rest of the race.

Monaco: Created a beautiful setup(not 11/11 springs) and did a 1:12:836 in Q1 for 7th place, however couldnt recreate that time in my first stint on the scrubbed options so decided to stay in the pits for the remainder of the session and keep 2 sets of options for the race, which I will be running tomorrow. Going to run a 3 stop strategy with 2 stints on options which with any luck will allow me to use my pace to score my first points finish for HRT.

So far loving the new career mode, its hard, realistic and although the rules are harsh they prevent you from making a joke out of it.

Talk about a terrible race at Spa. Qualified 14th, managed to get to third and my engineer said rain was coming, so I held off before pitting and sure enough rain came. So while the leaders came in for the second time, I was pitting my first and the gap was only 1 second after it was all said and done. Sadly, my tires ran down, as did my gas, so my the last lap, I was passed over and over again and finished ninth.

Just won with FI on my second season (Pro AI):

Results for Season 2:

Australia - 16th
Malaysia - 2nd
China - 7th
Turkey - 17th
Spain - 6th
Monaco - 2nd
Canada - 10th
Europe - 1st
UK - 12th
Germany - 7th
Hungary - 1st
Belgium - 13th
Italy - 5th
Singapore - 1st
Japan - 10th
South Korea - 1st
India - 1st
UAE - 1st
Brazil - 1st

All 50% apart from the last four which were 100%. Either 50% is harder, those tracks are easier, my car suddenly got amazing, or I got better!

Top 3 on the table were:
Me: 243
Alonso: 233
Webber: 229

Teammate was 13th, with 37 points.

Time to hit legend for next season in my Merc. I've a feeling I'm going to do very badly. Let's see...

Probably thanks to your 1.2 damage settings allowing you to smash oppo off road and ram past cars ahead at race into first corner :tongue:

Set damage up to 1.9 and tell us how you get on in season 3 when you need to be a bit more cautious to avoid the other dodgems :cool:

Probably thanks to your 1.2 damage settings allowing you to smash oppo off road and ram past cars ahead at race into first corner :tongue:

Set damage up to 1.9 and tell us how you get on in season 3 when you need to be a bit more cautious to avoid the other dodgems :cool:
Heh - it's at 1.3 at the moment. Slowly ramping it up so I get used to it. The last three were won from pole, Singapore was won from 2nd. Race position in the first stint isn't all that important on 50-100% races either, as if your general pace is slow they'll nail you on the 3/4 pitstops you're going to have to do. It's not like overtaking somebody cleanly is very hard if you're faster than them with the AI braking distances as they are.

Did FP1 in Aus. Loving the Merc - feels a lot faster.

Im driving a Williams, AI: Legend, All Assists turned OFF, Not as far as I should be as Im creating my setups from scratch which is time consuming
(I Dont trust other setups on here as most setups posted are with assists turned on).
Melbourne
Qualifying 3rd (dry conditions)
Race 3rd (dry conditions)
Kaula Lumpur
Qualifying 1st (wet conditions)
Race 5th (dry conditions) Got a puncture which cost me victory
Shanghai
Qualifying 1st (changable conditions)
Race 1st (Rain, Rain, Rain)
Istanbul
Qualifying 2nd (Dry conditions)
Race 1st (Dry conditions)
Catalunya
Qualified 1st (dry condidtions)
Race 1st (dry conditions)
Monaco
Qualified 1st (dry conditions)
Canada
Valencia
Qualified 2nd (dry conditions)
Race 1st (dry conditions) Equalled Jim Clarks record of 6 straight wins
Silverstone
Race 1st (dry conditions) Bettered Jim Clarks record, Equalled Micheal Schumachers and alberto Ascari's record of 7 straight wins

Had my best race to date last night (after the patch) at Shangai
Qualified: 17th in the dry. I had a serious lack of top end speed down the straights. Was running default setup.
Race: Fortunately (for me) there was a incident in T3 which grouped most of the cars up and i was able to get around it all.
Exited the turn in 6th place. Fell back down to 10th from there on. In the pit stops i had saved some tyres from practise and lack of qualifying and could push with fresh tyres. Eventually crossed the line in 9th. Which is by far my best result.
Not sure if it was the patch or me, but chances are the patch.

Career with Force India on Pro level

Came 7th in the WDC in first season. Stayed on and have noticed a marked improvement in the car in the 2nd season. I even took a pole position in Malaysia. [this is big news for me as I have consistently been qualifying 14th - 18th]

Enjoying it more now, even whit GT wheel problems.

Would love to get a contract with Renault or Mercedes.

I'm half way through my first season.

I unknowingly got caught out on Malaysia with the Qualy speed up bug...only now I've read a bit about it do I understand why the grid was so all over the place!

Settings: Williams, Legend AI, No assists (played with ABS for all except the last two - still getting used to that, and found I struggled on primes - hence two finishes narrowly outside the points). I play with 2 flashbacks in case of ridiculous penalties mainly...as much as I try to stick with '1 go only at every session' rule I don't always. I play short weekends and 50% races (started with 20% races and long weekends but I found 2 or 3 of the top cars always finishing way down the field so got fed up with the lack of realism). 50% races or more are the only way to play this game for me!

Australia - Q10 R7
Malaysia - Q4 R2
China - Q11 R7
Turkey - Q8 R6
Spain - Q10 R8
Monaco - Q11 R6
Canada - Q8 R10
Europe - Q10 R6
UK - Q18 R11
Germany - Q11 R11

Currently 7th in the drivers standings behind the obvious 6. Just ahead of Schumacher (1 point) and the two renaults and Rosberg. Perhaps undeservedly because of my skewed Malaysia result. I should probably be about 15 points worse off, which would put me about level with the Renaults.

Really enjoyed it so far...I've had some epic battles with Schumacher...twice I've spun trying to overtake him on the last lap! (Canada and Spain)

Trying to decide what to do now. I know I'm going to have to pick a rival soon, but unless Schumacher jumps ahead of me before that happens I have no realistic challenges. I have a renewal offer from Williams...when will this get withdrawn? Will the Williams be faster next season because of my strong results? I'd love to drive a Mercedes/Renault level car as I think I'd have competitive battles at the front with that

Yeah it is from what I can gather.

Basically if you speed up qualifying the AI cars are about 3 seconds per lap slower than they should be (all in the first sector I think). In my race I sped up bits of the session and just did flying laps as I was in a rush. I was a bit confused to find loads of the top cars 3/4 seconds off the pace but just ploughed on as I didn't realise why it had happened.

Just to get the thread back on topic here's my results so far. Virgin, Season 1. Assists: Medium TC, Auto-gears, corners racing line.

Intermediate AI (bought new wheel)
Australia: Q19th/R14th
Malaysia: Q20th/R17th
China: Q24th/R17th
Turkey: Q11th/R13th
Spain: Q11th/R11th
Monaco: Q1st/R16th (+20 sec time penalty)
Canada: Q9th/R18th (Wet, +10 sec time penalty)

Corrupt savegame.
Professional AI
Canada MkII: Q19th/R19th (Wet, game crashed on final straight)
Canada MkIII: Q19th/R19th (Wet)

New wheel, first race sim. Etc.

Virgin, Season 1. Assists: Medium TC, Auto-Gears, Corner raceing line.
50% races, Short weekend.

Intermediate Ai.
Australia: Q17th/R20th
Malaysia: Q1st/R1st (somehow this was a lot easier?)
China: Q1st/R16th (lost my frontwing, required 3 pit-stops -_-)
Turkey: Q12th/R9th
Spain: Q1st/R1st
Monaco: Q3rd/R16th
Canada: Q1st/R1st (Got pushed in the first lap, came out just right and never looked behind. Pit in 1st, pit out 3rd. Next lap: Back on pole)
Europe: Q1st/R3rd
United Kingdom: Q1st/R1st (after 12 laps, slided off. Had to get back 6 positions)
Germany: Q20th/R19th
Hungary: Q1st/R3rd
Belgium: Q19th/R15th
Italy: Q7th/R3rd
Singapore: QDNQ/R10th
Japan: Q19th/R16th (Had a nice start, was catching up to heidfield at 9th. I locked up at the chicane and spinned off. Got a 10s penalty for corner cutting and a 10s penalty for dangerous driving while entering the track. WTF? But okay, i lost 2 playes and was running 11. Buemi passed me in the last lap, down to 12. Add the 20s and finished 16th, what a race.)

On Japan.

Some races are really dificult to get a positions, other tracks it's just drive and don't look back..
Very annoying at some times.

Took the offer of Williams for next year,
Standing:

Mark Webber with 210
Sebastian Vettel with 171
Jenson Button with 161
Me with 148
Nico Rosberg with 119

Timo Glock at 23 with 0 points (thanks for supporting the team..)

Just had my 2nd corruption so i had to start over, none of the fixes worked, but I was at Brazil with Lotus before the corruption so i won't notice it really ;)

Season: 1
Team: Lotus
Race: Melbourne (P1 19th Place)
Difficulty: Legend
Assist: Racing Line in corners (No TC, No ABS etc.)
Race Distance: Long Weekend, 50% Distance

I'm half way through my first season.

I unknowingly got caught out on Malaysia with the Qualy speed up bug...only now I've read a bit about it do I understand why the grid was so all over the place!

Settings: Williams, Legend AI, No assists (played with ABS for all except the last two - still getting used to that, and found I struggled on primes - hence two finishes narrowly outside the points). I play with 2 flashbacks in case of ridiculous penalties mainly...as much as I try to stick with '1 go only at every session' rule I don't always. I play short weekends and 50% races (started with 20% races and long weekends but I found 2 or 3 of the top cars always finishing way down the field so got fed up with the lack of realism). 50% races or more are the only way to play this game for me!

Australia - Q10 R7
Malaysia - Q4 R2
China - Q11 R7
Turkey - Q8 R6
Spain - Q10 R8
Monaco - Q11 R6
Canada - Q8 R10
Europe - Q10 R6
UK - Q18 R11
Germany - Q11 R11

Currently 7th in the drivers standings behind the obvious 6. Just ahead of Schumacher (1 point) and the two renaults and Rosberg. Perhaps undeservedly because of my skewed Malaysia result. I should probably be about 15 points worse off, which would put me about level with the Renaults.

Really enjoyed it so far...I've had some epic battles with Schumacher...twice I've spun trying to overtake him on the last lap! (Canada and Spain)

Update:

Hungary Q10 R6
Spa Q11 R DNF in the wet :(
Italy - Q8, still to do race.

I've renewed at Williams for season two, thinking they should take a step forwards, and regardless, I'm having very interesting races with them at the current level anyway! Always in good battles and fighting for 6th-12th positions.

Lotus. I'm up to round 8 in Valencia.

Australia - Q: 19th R: 15th
Malaysia - Q: 7th R: 11th
China - Q: 19th R: 16th
Turkey - Q: 19th R: DNF
Spain - Q: 19th R: 17th
Monaco - Q: 24th R: DNF
Canada - Q: 18th R: DNF

I think my season is going very well so far despite the three DNF's. I only fail objectives when they tell me to qualify 18th and finish 16th. Two DNF's in Monaco & Canada caused by lapping HRT's when running in the points. Staying on the racing line. The DNF in Turkey was caused by a rear suspension failure. Jarno is consistently running alongside the HRT's and behind the Virgin's.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back