How is the URD mod for rF2?

I have the URD mods for assetto corsa and love them. Is it worth me buy them for rf2 as well? How does it compare to AC. How is the egt mod in comparison to the BES 1.0 mod?

I don't have the mod for AC, but compared to BES 1.0 the cars have more grip and you have to push harder to achieve fast times (it's not so much about keeping momentum).

I think it's worth it, especially if you like endurance events.

In my view the URD GT cars lack the feel of the BES 1.0 cars. Sort of a little wooden. But thats a personal opinion. Some agree with me but many people like them and they have featured in some popular endurance series. They did well in our community awards.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...department-rfactor-2-commmunity-awards.98581/
They are well modelled and stunning on track but the feel left me cold. I love driving the 911 GT3 in BES and the weight distribution in the URD "Darche" is incorrect. Its the same as the Ferrari 458 (mid engined).

man these cars are amazing. I already like them better than the assetto version. But I noticed these cars have a ton of grip. Is that normal?

They are GTE's compared to a GT3 car they have much more downforce/grip. :)
The URD GTE are used in almost every rF2 endurance race, and are a great add-on to rF2.
Same goes for the URD DT5. I think there is a demo car out to try the car before buy.

There are some different opinions about the URD cars. But they produce close racing... and great fun. :cool:

man these cars are amazing. I already like them better than the assetto version. But I noticed these cars have a ton of grip. Is that normal?
They have a bit much grip yes laptimes are maybe a bit to fast. My biggest griped personally is the heavy front tire wear, which most URD cars have, that is an issue all rF2 cars had in the past, but with most cars it is now a lot more balanced.

I only drove the Corvette demo once for AC and the diffrence has huge imo, but I cant get a "connected" feel with AC anyway, so maybe its me :D

No Freddy, it is not only you. I have both mods and I drive AC at one of german site servers (BB) regulary, but somehow I have strange feeling drive AC cars, like they have no weight or something, I don˙t know. I like both games, but for me rF2, if I compare the same cars or mods on the same tracks, is still the king.
... and to protect myself against some anger from eventual AC lovers, that˙s just my opinion and I am a bit strange :D.

No Freddy, it is not only you. I have both mods and I drive AC at one of german site servers (BB) regulary, but somehow I have strange feeling drive AC cars, like they have no weight or something, I don˙t know. I like both games, but for me rF2, if I compare the same cars or mods on the same tracks, is still the king.
... and to protect myself against some anger from eventual AC lovers, that˙s just my opinion and I am a bit strange :D.

I have the opposite feeling, rF2 cars looks like made of wood or paper, really can't get the feeling, in AC cars seems to have weight... my opinion of course...

It depends a lot on the FFB settings. The steering gets heavy in AC as well, but I cant feel how the car is loaded. In rF2 I can feel the grip available a bit before turn in and through the corner. In AC I get the corner or I crash basically or have a big moment that came from no where :D AC is fine to drive slow, but once I start to realy push things it is more try ans error for me :(

The ffb is so different between the two. I rememeber hearing this before i purchased rf2 and thinking it cant be that different. Rf2 you feel more of whats going on on the road. You feel more connected with your tires. AC you feel the body and suspension of the cars more. But that could be just me.

The ffb is so different between the two. I rememeber hearing this before i purchased rf2 and thinking it cant be that different. Rf2 you feel more of whats going on on the road. You feel more connected with your tires. AC you feel the body and suspension of the cars more. But that could be just me.

Exactly the same here. :geek:

rF2 has a more direct feeling to the tires... Good for stiff suspension cars: like most race cars and single seaters.

While AC has a good suspension, weight transfer feeling. This feeling makes it a bit more numbed feeling. Good for road cars and historic's.

rF2 is working in this area with it's flex chassis. It's quite complex. But what i think it does, is give body parts wheels, suspension etc, a certain mass and inertia. It then discribs the constrains/ joint relations between this parts. By doing this you should get the correct weight transfer feel + the tire grip feeling.

If you compare the old clio and the newly released clio you can feel the difference.

I might be wrong, maybe @Stefan Woudenberg can explain it better. :D

In my view the URD GT cars lack the feel of the BES 1.0 cars. Sort of a little wooden. But thats a personal opinion. Some agree with me but many people like them and they have featured in some popular endurance series. They did well in our community awards.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...department-rfactor-2-commmunity-awards.98581/
They are well modelled and stunning on track but the feel left me cold. I love driving the 911 GT3 in BES and the weight distribution in the URD "Darche" is incorrect. Its the same as the Ferrari 458 (mid engined).
Hello David,

Directly taken from Porsche:

"As the rules do not permit higher output engines, the engine for the 991 RSR was taken from the 997 GT3 RSR 4.0 and the development work focused on the chassis, body, aerodynamics and the gearbox. A wishbone front suspension replaced the McPherson struts used in 997. A new development is the lightweight gearbox. One of the priorities in the development was the more evenly balanced weight distribution. The centre of gravity is lower, too. The front and rear lids, doors, underbody, wheel arches, rear wing, dashboard and centre console are constructed from carbon fibre. The minimum weight of the car is set by the rules and this forms a barrier for further enhancements."

So the weight distribution of a GTE and GT3 are quite different, the GTE has a lower CG, the GTE being more balanced than the GT3 and easier to drive.

Cheers.

Last edited:

They have a lot of grip as GTE cars have today (look at the laptimes at Sebring for instance and compare them to GT2 and event GT1 cars of a few years ago which were much more powerful).

They have a lot of grip and their default setup is deigned towards easing the first contact (lot of undesteer). And their tires when cold start at 60 degrees compared to 30 on ISI C6R GT2.

But work a competitive setup for them which allows equal degradation of tires between front and rear axle, and a good top speed, and suddenly URD cars are not so gentle and easy to drive at the limit.

Depending on setup they can feel quite different.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%