How is the BMW Z4 GT3 in iRacing compared to other games?

Today I have grabbed the promo opportunity and for a few bucks (as I had some credit too) I got a 3 month subscription.

I have to say that I LOVE the BWM Z4 GT3 in Assetto Corsa , rFactor 2 and also in pCars. They feel awesome to drive in all these 3 games in my opinion...

Is there someone out there who has tried this car in all the 4 games and tell me if in iRacing it feels as good as the above 3? I Dont want to spend another 12 bucks for nothing...

Thanks!!!!

I've noticed that the RUF is the most chuckable of the GT3 cars, you can throw it around like there's no tomorrow (to an extent), but when it bites, it bites hard. And there's also the "small matter" of it flipping... cough cough.

The Mclaren, I find, has turned into a bit of a boat since the new build. It's the heaviest and also the most powerful... when I drove it recently, I found that it needed a more slow and methodical approach to steering and throttle application, otherwise it just plows. Not really a fan to be honest, I've been disillusioned with the Macca since the S1 build. The AC version is superior in my mind - it still requires finesse, but it feels racier and more controllable than the iRacing version as of this post.

The BMW seems to be a good middle ground. It can take a beating when required, but smoothness is rewarded. I can't tell you how good it feels to finally have a car in iRacing in which I'm not tiptoeing around the track and praying that I don't spin, and not being able to push. And cold tyres don't seem to be faster anymore - it takes me about 3-5 consistent laps before I feel comfortable and do my best times.

All the same, my comments from earlier in the thread still stand. I personally prefer the AC version, and will drive it as much as I can when AC's multiplayer is finally released... but when I want to drive iRacing in my time zone, the Z4 will continue to be my weapon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back