How is the AI in iRacing?

Would great to see some news or maybe some video footage of it, but i think if AMS2 is released, i dont bother any more. Im sure Iracing is kicking the AI back........again. Waiting now for a year and getting a little impatient as they really got no news of it. But who cares, AMS2 is around the corner. So i think no more #soons for me as of March. :)

Personally I think it was/is pretty counterproductive to announce that AI will arrive in iRacing - because:
1. There has never been any serious member demands for an "offline" AI mode - but often quite the opposite;)
2. One of the reasons both staff and members claimed that iRacing was quite a special(and premium) sim against all the competition was because iRacing was solely aimed at "real" online sim racing - Ie racing against real human beings.

But OK I can se a role for this in some of iRacings ghost town series.:sneaky:

been said before: the official rationale behind the AI is to have something for trackside venues, conventions etc., so passers by can try out the game without having to play against real players online. makes total sense to me, does not affect the way i play the game at all, though, so i am totally non-committed. if and when it arrives, fine by me

The few times I have seen an (allmost allways) new member ask why there is no AI cars in iRacing he was instantly "killed" in the forum.:whistling:
And the argument was allways that this is a real sim where real people just like in real life racing compete against other real people - and the same instant any AI should be introduced the majority of real sim drivers would abandon their membership.
And we all did believe that this AI thing would (ofcourse) never happen.:sleep:
But then iRacings Steve Meyers (as I recall) introduced exactly this evil thing in his Twitter tweet.
Hehe and a lot of people had to swallow their pride or as others loudly tell each others that they didnt really care about AI or not-AI.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: It has allways been possible to rent a special commercial version of iRacing where non-members at conventions and special events could check the sim out - hehe probably without any AI interference.:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%