How is the AI in Assetto Corsa?

Nobody talks AIs : are there developed? in focus?good? It's important for me but I think, for many people who seldom drive online (like me!) : it can count a lot for the success of the game...is not it?

Jon Denton (and other people;))

Nobody talks AIs : are there developed? in focus?good? It's important for me but I think, for many people who seldom drive online (like me!) : it can count a lot for the success of the game...is not it?

I didn't drive with AI last weekend, because it wasn't really the focus for me. I spoke about it, and they are still being developed presently, which is probably why it's not really top of the "talk about" list.

AI was running at GamesCom, was it covered in the RaceDept report?

Its a pity the devs even feel the need to waste their time and resources on Ai for this title.

???? surprising point of view: a simulation is not made only for a small minority of people!
Online racing imposes time constraints and must be a fast driver to race on (unless it is very busy and you can set up multiple levels of course).

It can be a slow driver and have fun driving...don't be selfish:)

I'm having a "grass" deja vu here...

To whoever may think AI is unnecessary, you may not care about it but most of everyone else playing games offline will care. I, for one, care a lot about this, since I only ever play online games with my close friends, and there are not many of them to fill a grid, and even if there was, I don't play enough online to warranty a game without AI. And frankly, a game without AI is a dead game to me, because depending on the good will of other players to have a fun game can be quite frustrating.

Of course this is just my personal very selfish opinion on the subject and i do fully appreciate that the inclusion of Ai and maybe some kind of cockamamie "career" mode thing will greatly enhance the chances of the Kunos team being able to spread in to a wider market.

I have to admit i had no clue what that word means so i had to google it.
Interesting,in the end made me laugh. :cautious:

Adj. 1.cockamamie - ludicrous, foolish; "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going"; "wore a goofy hat"; "a silly idea"; "some wacky plan for selling more books"

Its a pity the devs even feel the need to waste their time and resources on Ai for this title.
Might not be a popular thought but i agree on this even though i might understand why it´s in the game.
AI for me is completely useless, there´s no fun in racing with robots, racing with real people is simply a superior experience.

But not hating on AC for it, i understand they probably had to do it to cater for a larger audience and it was the right move i guess for what they want to accomplish.

Might not be a popular thought but i agree on this even though i might understand why it´s in the game.
AI for me is completely useless, there´s no fun in racing with robots, racing with real people is simply a superior experience.

But not hating on AC for it, i understand they probably had to do it to cater for a larger audience and it was the right move i guess for what they want to accomplish.

Please spare some mercy on all forever alone around the world. :notworthy:
AI is my friend. :giggle:
So
great AI= Great Friend. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%