F1 2018 How is it with G27?

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Long time simracer but more casually into it all these days.
I still enjoy simracing but i dont seek out the latest wheel and pedal hardware anymore so im still on my trusty G27 which serves me well enough with AC,Raceroom,AMS etc.
Before i buy F1 2018 i would appreciate hearing from someone playing it with a G27.

I never felt this old wheel this strong. It's actually annoying once you remember that G27 has noisy clacking noise. But strong is better I guess... Just turn it down to your liking.

It's all right, some fun can be had.

FFB is still quite dead compared to an F1 car in AC, but the big the "back is going out" is there and so is understeer if you keep that checked.

Menus are the most idiotic thing ever, not only there's no mouse support, you can't even use the D-pad on the setup menu... You have to use those red buttons below the D-pad.

Absolutely agree! Menu system is absolute nonsens... :( Very frustrating with G27. I really think to buy different wheel, but not sure, maybe other wheels menu is not much better?

Used to play Grid, Project Cars, WRC series, Dirt Rally, Raceroom etc etc... All games have menu system intuitive and clear with G27... But F1 games.

Absolutely agree! Menu system is absolute nonsens... :( Very frustrating with G27. I really think to buy different wheel, but not sure, maybe other wheels menu is not much better?

Used to play Grid, Project Cars, WRC series, Dirt Rally, Raceroom etc etc... All games have menu system intuitive and clear with G27... But F1 games.

As you said, it doesn't look like a wheel issue, but with the game design.

I really think to buy different wheel, but not sure, maybe other wheels menu is not much better?
Menus work perfect with G29, the wheel has a dpad and labelled PS4 buttons. Also the plentiful dials and buttons work great as shortcuts for mixture, ERS recovery settings, differential and brake bias. G29 is awesome in this regard.

Santiago from Argentina my settings:

Logitech profile: 100/0/0
center: no - 0 intensity
360grades
allow: yes

and in the game

calibration: all zero except linear direction: 65

ffb: on-30-20-20-20-22-on

suerte !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes