How important is coffee for you?

nespresso-essenza-pink.jpg
I had some cups on friday for the ATCC nightshift...just that my machine doesn't have that fancy disco style :rolleyes:

Well...we have bought a Nespresso machine and i must say: its the most expensive and best cofee i ever drank! I need my coffee in the morning ortherwise i disfuntion

Raised on Coffee - my grandparents snuck me my first when I was 4 or 5 years old staying on their dairy farm. Then 21 years in the Navy with no sleep schedule has left me with a permanent coffee cup crook in my first finger :cool: . Usually 3 - 4 'cups' (meaning large coffee mugs) a day.

I have a Keurig maker at home, and now one in my office at work - handy little machines. Favorites: Black Tiger, Jet Fuel, Wake Up Call and anything with Kona in it.

Every hour on the hour from 7Am wake up to 10PM shutdown, then a few more in between if im feeling thirsty. Straight black with 2 Sugars.
Brand: Melitta German Premium Medium Roast.

Stop all this talk of Coffee, I'm a migraine sufferer and therefore caffeine free. Have you ever tasted caffeine free coffee, its just so bad...

So please, please don't make me suffer any farther... lol.

I've comeback, to add something about the Christmas cheer, at the bottom of the forum pages. I'd like to wake up to that, of a morning. I don't feel so worried about caffeine now..

There are three main food groups that are essential to the hard core Hardware Builder/Modder

1) Caffine = Strong, black and laced with whisky :)

2) Nicoteene = self rolled, with strong dark Tobacco :D

3) BEERine = 5.2% Alc or stronger in multiples of Pints :cool:

Here endeth the Lession :rolleyes:

There are three main food groups that are essential to the hard core Hardware Builder/Modder

1) Caffine = Strong, black and laced with whisky :)

2) Nicoteene = self rolled, with strong dark Tobacco :D

3) BEERine = 5.2% Alc or stronger in multiples of Pints :cool:

Here endeth the Lession :rolleyes:

*closes the eyes of children*

tuk tuk tuk :D

2/day is healthy, but I need more tbh! But I say: better drink 5 or even 10 coffee /day, than 1 energy drink! Those drinks kill you, and it's no joke.
Or the other one that can help is black tea.

Now I'm trying to go down to that 2 cup of coffee /day, and I'm always sleepy:)

2/day is healthy, but I need more tbh! But I say: better drink 5 or even 10 coffee /day, than 1 energy drink! Those drinks kill you, and it's no joke.
Or the other one that can help is black tea.

Now I'm trying to go down to that 2 cup of coffee /day, and I'm always sleepy:)
Both Coffee and Energy drinks (including Soda's such as Coca Cola, 7up, etc) have chemicals that makes your body grow older so watch out for how much you drink of this stuff.

Both Coffee and Energy drinks (including Soda's such as Coca Cola, 7up, etc) have chemicals that makes your body grow older so watch out for how much you drink of this stuff.

Coffee includes caffeine, which is toxic, but a low ammount of it has a positive effect on your body, not only stimulating, but also helps digestion. 2 cup of coffee includes that ammount, any more than that will have a negative effect.
Sodas are not energy drinks, they're refreshing drinks. Their basic downside is that they weaken your bones. And the big ammount of sugar has another negative effects too. (still better than artifical sweeteners however) If they're not your main drinks there is no problem with them (but beware, cola (the others usually not) includes just as much caffeine as coffee). They help your digestion also and have a better refreshing effect than drinks without soda.
Energy drinks include other stuff too that can cause serious illnesses if you drink them regularly. And if you drink them with alcohol (what young people love to do, even if it's clearly shown on the package that you shouldn't) it can kill you instantly as it attacks your liver. On long term they also ruin your heart, especially if you don't do any sport activity right after drinking them. (they should be only drinked by sportsmen tbh., these were developed for them)

And black tea, if you drink it "1 tea bag / cup" it includes that "2 cup of coffee" ammount of caffeine, but it works off slower so it's not that hard for your body and also has a longer effect. (but we usually drink it 2 tea bags/pitcher (1l), so it's lighter:))

Edit: btw the best sweetener for coffee&tea is honey, if you can't drink them without any sweetener.:) (tea is fine for me without anything, but coffee needs some:))

Ruins heart? I heard that it ruined your red blood cells since it attacks the lever.
Btw when you say the soda weaken the bones then isn't it because it reacts with the metals of the bones?

I am glad that I have taken an almost 8 month break from Soda (still doing it) and have never had an Energy drink and Coffee.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%