How I know how much my tyres wear?

Hi friends :)

I just got this game and it seems great, but I have a big qestion about the tyres.

How can I learn how much my tyres wear? I would like to know it to fix my strategy and pit stops for the race.

I know that soft ones last less than medium ones, but I don't know how many laps can I run with each class of tyre.

That would help me a lot, thanks!

For live telemetry the XD overlay is great, tire temps, wear, etc.

Thanks for answering!

I've never add any patch or mod to my game, only the original. I'm gonna try this and will tell you if this help me (or if I have been clumsy).

Greetings

Okey here I'm again :D

I have now XD in my game, but I can't open MoTec. In the garage, when i click in MoTec, for a milesime of second, appear some words in the middle, but I can't read them because of the speed.

In the track, I can see at the left the temperatura o the tyres, and if I force them it changes the color (from green to red) but I can't see the tyres wear. So I don't know how many laps I can use them :(

I have seen in the first picture of the link, that the bar which is green and red, is black up, as if it was emptying the green part, so I assume that's the wearing of the tyres, right?

And what about the red color? Is it as much time in red (I think it recovers slower to green after a few laps) means it's easier to burst or puncture?

Thanks, you're helping me a lot!

This red just means your tires are too hot or even warming a lot .... and of course they may be worn quicker, have less or no grip ... with all possible consequences that too hot tyres may create.

Mostly in this case the chosen tyre compound needs to be harder ( you might need to use intermediate in place of soft or use hard in place of intermediate or soft )..... and maybe soft tyres in place of rain tyres with very light rain
For the tyre pressions and/or camber values .... green is of course better and if possible try to keep 5 degrees max difference between external and central temperatures .... and same for internal and central ones.

This red just means your tires are too hot or even warming a lot .... and of course they may be worn quicker, have less or no grip ... with all possible consequences that too hot tyres may create.

Mostly in this case the chosen tyre compound needs to be harder ( you might need to use intermediate in place of soft or use hard in place of intermediate or soft )..... and maybe soft tyres in place of rain tyres with very light rain
For the tyre pressions and/or camber values .... green is of course better and if possible try to keep 5 degrees max difference between external and central temperatures .... and same for internal and central ones.

Hi again

Okey, I adjust tyre wear x7 to watch the indications of the tire wear, but after 3 laps, my engineer just told me that one tyre was burst. So I didn't watch anywhere that it was almost finished...

I think I'm very aggresive driving, so probably I have to drive better so I don't have to make many stops more than the IA :p

If you don't find an already existing thread about your AI problem with a given answer about it, rather create a new thread in this case.
With a good and precise title.... it may help someone else later searching for an answer to the same kind of problem. ;)

Hi again

I have an issue with the pressure and temperature in my tires.

I have read that if the Center of tire Colder than Exterior and Interior Tire Temperature, I have to increase de pressure, but it's initially at 150 and in race at 180 kbps. I have to increase it more? I have read that 170 in race is enough.

Hi again

I have an issue with the pressure and temperature in my tires.

I have read that if the Center of tire Colder than Exterior and Interior Tire Temperature, I have to increase de pressure, but it's initially at 150 and in race at 180 kbps. I have to increase it more? I have read that 170 in race is enough.

Its fine if the middle temperature is lower than the outer temperature. Ideally it should be mid-way between the inner and outer but in reality the temperature changes as you drive around the track so you will never achieve perfection.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%