Cars How hard to mod existing cars

Let me preface this by saying I have no clue how to mod in Assetto Corsa, and really no experience with 3D modeling. That said, how hard is it to make minor adjustments to existing vehicles? I’m looking to bring the m235i that’s already in game closer to 2016 spec. And by that I mean adding a rear wing. I’m sure to truly get to spec there would be other necessary changes, but for now to satisfy my interest adding the wing (with a little downforce effect) is enough. I think someone on the official forum recently made an MX5 with a wing so it seems feasible. I just have no idea where or how to start.

Thanks!

It's no different to making a car from scratch, so you can follow all "How to make a car" tutorials.
Modifying official cars isn't something allowed on this site tho, and neither do modders like it if someone meddles we other their cats.

What you're talking about is fairly difficult, since you'd have to extract and then modify the visual model. Changing car specs is easy; changing car models is substantially more difficult, and doing both properly is just pointless. For the amount of time, effort and knowledge that it would require, you might as well make your own mod from scratch.

Oops, didn’t realize this was verboten here. I now have learned that the modded Miata was on another site so I apologize. That said, some guy may have managed to add the wing to the m235i, and it wasn’t that bad for a quick weekend project. At least that’s what he told me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%