How good is Iracing ? from 0 to 10

Hello guys
Iam reading a lot of good things on Iracing :tongue:,and iam thinking about having a go at it .Before I dive in I was wondering how mutch do you like this game / racesim (on handeling (car) and value for money ) how would you rate this game/racesim (from 0 :bad:to 10 :good:).

Thanks

LOL. I think there's something in the air today. I had the same experience except with the Skippy at VIR. Could barely get within 1s of my times a day or two ago. Spins where I never spin, off track excursions where I never go off, and getting progessively slower through two qualifying and practice sessions.:eek: I couldn't find an apex today if someone planted a flag there for me.:redface: All culminating in lost SR points. Somehow it's a clarifying experience...:) I did the same thing and decided to park it in the garage before it was too late.:D

If you are into Nascar and the tracks they run on there is no other option out there for stockcar racers apart from some dodgy rFactor mods. ARCA is OK but it misses alot of the sanctioned Nascar tracks. No lazer scanning also.

The pickup and play style is superb also, no more need for leagues! :)

9/10 only a 9 because they like to play with the physics every 3 months and its hell on the setups lol.

Actually one more word on SR and why I like it:
As said before, people tend to be more careful during race or qualy sessions to not spoil there SR. But for me that add a little bit to the simulation. In GTRe e.g. I more often risk not to make a corner as I just hit ESC in case I do not make it, in iRacing I tend not to risk it (at least not during an official qualy session).

In real life, I also would not risk it, as it might spoil my life :).

(Value for money) 9.5 (you get what you pay for)

Hmm i'd have to disagree with you there Mark, whilst in a sense you do get what you pay for, iRacing is no where near good enough to justify its ever increasing price tag (yet).
How good is iRacing compared to a £20 quid sim like Rfactor or NKpro? Well its better is some respects & worse in others.
The fact that you are constantly being measured means you cant just log in & have a fun race. Some mug has to pay another $3 for that to happen.
It has its good & bad points though but after you've spent £100 on it you'd expect to have access to all of it for @ least a year. 3 years of iRacing could easily run to £400+ without buying any hardware. They seem to think that its so uber realistic loads of mugs will come along and start throwing money at them.

In short their pricing is a complete joke & remember you are renting it too, not buying. Compare it to other sims & you cant imagine why people keep paying out & paying again just so they can give them even more money in 12months time. I mean come on guys, its only a sim.

I think as was already stated, it's perceived value is relative to each subscriber. For me, it's worth the cost and I have 100% content and am not currently using it all in official sessions. Spending a couple of hundred dollars a year on a hobby really doesn't seem unreasonable, but again, it depends on personal views. If you have a hobby like rec ice hockey or golf, you are spending alot more per year for them and you are limited in how often, where, and when you can do them. It's not for everyone, but I personally think the value is definitely there.

Back on the point of perceived value:

I am an average sim-racer (always have been and always will be - damn those with more talent :D ). However - until others have the chance to rack up more points in races on Thursday, Saturday and next Monday, I am currently sitting in 3rd spot in the iRacing GT Championship.

In real terms I think I am in around 8th. This is out of over 230 drivers. To me (and me only) this is why I am currently getting my value for money out of iRacing: it is rewarding my consistency, my dedication to turning up each week and racing and is paying me back for putting in the time to get familiar with my car and the track of the week.

I don't know if I will be able to continue this until the end of season 2, but this if the first time (ever) that I have been competitive in any championship. So, for me, the money I am spending on iRacing, at the moment, is paying dividends.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%