How good are these components?

Hi guys
I was wondering if anyone with a bit more knowledge than me, could tell me if these parts are any good for a bit of PC Gaming... Cheers
  • Processor: AMD quad-core A4-6210 APU
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon R3 (1.8GHz, 2MB cache)

Not particularly, for gaming you really want a dedicated GPU. AMD's APUs are much better for integrated graphics than Intel's CPUs if you're on a really tight budget, however this isn't a very powerful one. Looks like a mobile processor though - is this a laptop? Do you already have it or are you thinking of getting it?

It will probably run the older racing sims, don't know about the newest ones. I can't find any benchmarks for it so it's hard to tell!

The A4 are really slow and I wouldn't recommend them for gaming. It is indeed a laptop CPU.

I would go for a PC, for like €500 (if you have a screen already) you will have a pc very capable of running Assetto Corsa, RF 2, not on highest settings of course.

If you are really stuck to a laptop, I wouldn't recommend anything below €600. A laptop with a recent generation A10 or A8 will give you decent results, but spend 100 more and you will have an i5 with a simple dedicated GPU.

Just put the first thing you posted out of your mind.

I can't stress this enough, but you really don't want a laptop for gaming. As Frank says, you can get a decent gaming PC for £500, and you can always upgrade your graphics card later along the line. You can't go wrong with an i5 processor. The cost difference between gaming PC's is usually down to the graphics card. They cost anything between £100 and £2000. My Radeon 7870 was about £180 and with an i5 runs most games on high settings at 60+ fps.

A laptop to give you similar performance will cost you at least £1000, and upgrading it later on is either very difficult or impossible.

For me, laptops are a convenient portable computer for day to day tasks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%