How fast is your connection and what do you pay?

Yeah, I know there are more topics like this, but:
1. I couldn't find it
2. Those topics had become a mess and very long already.

So I'm just interested.
Go to www.speedtest.net and show your result.
And fill in this order:

Type: (DSL/Cable/Satellite/Mobile)
Services included: (TV/phone whatever)
Price:
Speeds mentioned in contract:

Are you satisfied?

Type: (V)DSL2
Services included: TV and phone
Price: €34 per month
Speeds mentioned in contract:
Maximum speed mentioned:
25mbit down
3mbit upload

Are you satisfied?

yep I am

1730837360.png

Type: Cable
Services included: TV (1 TiVo, 1 V+ and 1 VHD) + Phone.
Price: about £80pm + 2 x Mobile Phone Contracts.
Speeds mentioned in contract: 100\10

Are you satisfied? Extremely, been with Yorkshire Cable\Telewest\Virgin Media (same company, different names) since early-mid 90's, always been on top tier and always had the advertised speed. Free speed upgrade due between April-July to 120Mbps (20Mbps upload but not sure yet), the price will also be dropped by about a tenner at the same time. I have a little chuckle to myself every time BT advert appears on the TV advertising their "NextGen" Infinity crap which they say is 4 times faster than average but don't seem to mention it's about 6x slower than VM. People on ADSL (at least in UK) are so gullible, they will pay say £20pm for Upto 20Mbps and they will actually get <8Mbps, because their road curves or goes up a hill or they live more than 5 meters from the exchange but still they continue to pay exactly the same as someone who is lucky enough to get close to 20Mbps. Would these same people go to the shop and pay full price for a pint of milk if it was only a quarter full?

Regards and Rant over :D

Price: $64.95
Speeds mention in contract: 60/10

Yeah I like what I have, faster would be nice and for $40 more I can have 100/15. But for now while there are other bills I will stick with what I have. Plus I believe it's the only company where I live that provids internet besides one other and I dont think there speeds are as fast. I don't have a contract which is nice and I can just call them up and change what I have and they can just take care of that without changing anything besides the price. I do pay $47.95 for cable on top of the internet, the wife needs the cable I don't really. I would rather pay $40 more for the faster internet and not have cable.

1745952919.png

Type: 900MHz wireless network thingy you see deployed in rural areas
Price: $35/month
Speeds mentioned in contract: 1/1 (but these days I never get more than roughly 256kbps upload)
6GB monthly cap w/ $2.5 per additional GB.

Are you satisfied?
:(
Better than dialup at least.

Now my connection is back up to normal speeds,

1746775994.png

Services Included: None, we don´t even have a telephone at home anymore, just a sub for the TV.
Price: About 30 Euro i would say
Speeds mentioned in contract: 100mb/10mb

Are you satisfied? Hell yes, i´m getting more then what it says in the contract most of the time so i can´t complain.

Well, prepare to feel sorry for me.

1746791879.png

Type: ADSL
Services: Nothing extra
Price: somewhere around $30. Half goes to T-Com for the ADSL line itself, and the other half goes to the ISP. Cheapest flat-rate around.
Speeds: 4Mbps/256kbps, so that's about it

Takes 5-6 hours to upload a highlights video from the Rally Championship :D

1746808032.png

Type: Cable (Fibre?)
Services Included: TV.
Price: Uhm... No freaking idea. I'm living in a 32 square metres apartment. And I pay 680 EUR each month. That is including internet, electricity and all that stuff.
Speed it should be: 1gb/1gb

Satisfied: Well, the guys who did fix the cables here screwed up, so it is a bit unstable. I also need a different cable myself to get full use of it. But that uploadspeed I got now, was a bit slow :p

EDIT: Changed to a better server to test against! :)

Type: ADSL
Services included: Phone
Price: Around 20 Euros per month without a download limit.
Speeds mentioned in contract: 1 mbps

Are you satisfied? Yes, but a little lag at online races is sometimes annoying.

My office's connection - and probably the best ISP and Connection you'll find in this country(South Africa). Sad really.
1748476006.png

I'll do my home one tonight, that'll be worth even more chuckles.

Home speeds - my connection through mobile is faster than my cable broadband!

e9a9d045.jpg

Mobile network is 3 (£35 / month, unlimited data) alleged 20mb broadband from Sky free with TV / phone but package is £85 / month.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%