How easy is it to convert a track from GTR2/GT Legends to Race 07 for a complete novice.?

• Deleted member 13397

some tracks will work pretty straight
but some will have hicks, like SC on the starting line (no rolling start)
or just dont work at all

search for document like

TRACK CONVERSION from GTR2 by Padishah

You do need to have Gtr2 or GTL to generate the HAT file.
I have found it easier to setup the track as you want it in Gtr2 maker the changes to the track you want and generate a new HAt file and move all to Race 07.
Good luck! It is a great feeling to drive the first time on a track you made /converted.

You do need to have Gtr2 or GTL to generate the HAT file.
I have found it easier to setup the track as you want it in Gtr2 maker the changes to the track you want and generate a new HAt file and move all to Race 07.
Good luck! It is a great feeling to drive the first time on a track you made /converted.
Yes I have both but there's one track that was never converted to Race 07 and that's the only one I want to add.
Can you tell me if the trial version of 3dsimed works for this?

Yes it will! You only got a limited amout of days to use it forgot how many.
To get the track to run in Race 07 you do not really need 3DsimED
Just make the Models and texture folders, in Gtr2
unpack with geditor to the folders the Obj archive will likely give a fault and you have to import a texture to the archive first before you get the option to unpack.
Change the search patch to those archives and // out the tex and Obj .gtr files
Check the track still works in Gtr2
Now more it all to race 07
Now compare the gdb layout from the track to a working Race 07 so you get that right.
THis is the most likely place to make mistakes so go over that a couple of times.

Open the .trk file and do the say I normally copy the first lines with directories over form a another race 07 and edit the folder names to this track location.

Then the the AIW file. I see .aiw files with out timeattack entry but I always do it.

Then copy over the .Hat file from Gtr2 (userdata\log\hat) folder to the track folder in Race 07

The track should now run in Race 07!
If not check the above files again.

If you are up running make a plan for what you want to change and now get the trail version of 3dSimed otherwise you will use all the time trying to make the track run.
Convert the GMT's to Race 07 even I am not sure it makes a huge difference?

Remove nightlight and nightglow instances as there are no point in having race 07 reading them in.

Every time you got a working track after a change make a backup. That was more meant as note to myself ;)

Have fun hope you get hooked and make a lot of tracks!:)

For your own use there are no needs in my opinion to ask permission?
But why not ask and release it here?
Hope it is Spa 66?
'fraid not, it's Ingliston
It was a race track from 1965 to 1994 in what is the Royal Highland Showground, I was delighted when Maekie made it with BTB for GT Legends and Zwiss converted it for GTR2
On a Sunday you could clearly hear the cars from several miles away and it's probably of no interest to anyone other than myself.

Attachments

• Ingliston_History.pdf
    232.6 KB · Views: 146
Hi all. I know this is an old thread, but I made a conversion from GTR2 of a track I have never found anywhere, and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in it? It's the 2011 Silverstone GP Track, the one with the new layout.

Moonsong

Hi all. I know this is an old thread, but I made a conversion from GTR2 of a track I have never found anywhere, and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in it? It's the 2011 Silverstone GP Track, the one with the new layout.

Moonsong
Hello, moonsong. You can get the new Silverstone track layout on the 2010 trackpack. As RD does not allow external links here, send me an e-mail and I will give you the link. My e.mail: vemnutrir@gmail.com

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back