PC1 How does Project Cars compares to Assetto Corsa?

Guys, you can put as much "disagree's" as you want, believe me, and AGAIN, rFactor2 is the most complete SIM out there, of course it has its fails, but it's far from what it was in the past! It's becoming into high levels of perfection and complexity, i bet most of you "disagreer's" never even tried it recently (that's obvious) and it's not coincidence that F1 and other motorsport teams use ISI engine in their simulators. Of course a huge complex simulator like rFactor2 is not easy to develop and get everything right in short time, but we'll talk in a few months or maybe in one year to see which is the reference in racing simulators ;)

iu

rFactor 2 is the most complete, complex and real simracing title out there, but it lacks on graphics department, which for a simracer is not the most important at all...

GSCE is another great simulator, AC is very good but lacks important features, like MP, R3E is expensive but very good, aswell as iRacing, PCars is the best at graphics and maybe AI, but not even in same league as others in physics...

Let us stay on topic. Pllease tell us what you think of AC and pCARS?
: )

(full disclosure: I own AC and I have preordered pCARS. I have not played pCARS)

I love the AC FFB and I hope pCARS will give me the same effects for some of the cars when released.

The AI in pCARS appears to behave more realistically compared to AC.

The car models in both games are excellent and I have no preferences. The track and trackside graphics look a bit better in pCARS. For some reason the tracks and trackside graphics in AC have always appeared a bit "washed out" to my eyes. I tend to prefer the clean, crisp graphics as in iRacing.

Last edited:
Guys, you can put as much "disagree's" as you want, believe me, and AGAIN, rFactor2 is the most complete SIM out there, of course it has its fails, but it's far from what it was in the past! It's becoming into high levels of perfection and complexity, i bet most of you "disagreer's" never even tried it recently (that's obvious) and it's not coincidence that F1 and other motorsport teams use ISI engine in their simulators. Of course a huge complex simulator like rFactor2 is not easy to develop and get everything right in short time, but we'll talk in a few months or maybe in one year to see which is the reference in racing simulators ;)

Most of you arcaders don't even know this guy, but it's a simracing fan who plays a lot of "sims" and do reviews about them, usually with a very unbiased opinions, just listen to what he says carefully ;)

I am happy for you and your opinion. That still does not make it the gospel of sim racing.:whistling:

(you lost any respect from me with this quote and is over the top if you ask me

"Most of you arcaders don't even know this guy, but it's a simracing fan who plays a lot of "sims" and do reviews about them, usually with a very unbiased opinions, just listen to what he says carefully")

Like we don't know who Matt Orr is? Paa...lease!

Last edited:
I race every sim on the market and some "simcades" each have there strengths and weaknesses, i think if you reworded your statement of rf2 being the most complete to say......having the most sophisticated programming more people may agree with you :)
By saying its the most complete, your claiming it has above average, content, graphics, sound, ffb/physics, multiplayer, career mode etc. Personally i only see it being above average in less than half those fields

and it's not coincidence that F1 and other motorsport teams use ISI engine in their simulators.

If this statement was so accurate, dont you think dealing with the richest motorsport teams in the world would result in some big time cash coming to isi which they could use to hire some more staff and maybe purchase some licenses to help boost the game? All i here is " were a small team with limited finances"

I feel this statement from "the past" is being used to much to support this any more....i dont doubt that there are teams using there software but alot of the big companies are using Cruden simulators powered by Racerpro software

www.cruden.com/motorsport

http://www.cruden.com/motorsport/our-products/software/

https://youtu.be/wjX0HPhVn-E

I copied the following from a rfactor forum i posted it in, which also has a few isi beta testers which non of them could arguee with the proof

When I dug deeper to see what software they used I found it was called RacerPro.
Skimming through it real quickly it seems but I could be mistaken that some automotive manufactures use the open software and share data.
Red Bull racing, infinity, jag, honda and land rover are a few to mention.

My comparison of ac and pcars, i feel there VERY similar just at different points of developement but comparing 2 punfinished products is unfair and hard to predict what the finished product will be. Tho pcars being less than a month away its a little easier to forsee. For a game that will be on consoles its pretty safe to say it will be the most advanced and complete racing title and set a new standard for console racers, both forza and GT are gonna have to up there game and seriously rework the physics TM, career mode and ai. having a much larger finacial backing they could pull it off but only time will tell what directions they will take.

the few thousand "hard core simracers" may or may not enjoy the game, but iam sure the rest of us will :)

Last edited:
I race every sim on the market and some "simcades" each have there strengths and weaknesses, i think if you reworded your statement of rf2 being the most complete to say......having the most sophisticated programming more people may agree with you :)
By saying its the most complete, your claiming it has above average, content, graphics, sound, ffb/physics, multiplayer, career mode etc. Personally i only see it being above average in less than half those fields

If this statement was so accurate, dont you think dealing with the richest motorsport teams in the world would result in some big time cash coming to isi which they could use to hire some more staff and maybe purchase some licenses to help boost the game? All i here is " were a small team with limited finances"

I feel this statement from "the past" is being used to much to support this any more....i dont doubt that there are teams using there software but alot of the big companies are using Cruden simulators powered by Racerpro software

www.cruden.com/motorsport

http://www.cruden.com/motorsport/our-products/software/

https://youtu.be/wjX0HPhVn-E

I copied the following from a rfactor forum i posted it in, which also has a few isi beta testers which non of them could arguee with the proof

When I dug deeper to see what software they used I found it was called RacerPro.
Skimming through it real quickly it seems but I could be mistaken that some automotive manufactures use the open software and share data.
Red Bull racing, infinity, jag, honda and land rover are a few to mention.

My comparison of ac and pcars, i feel there VERY similar just at different points of developement but comparing 2 punfinished products is unfair and hard to predict what the finished product will be. Tho pcars being less than a month away its a little easier to forsee. For a game that will be on consoles its pretty safe to say it will be the most advanced and complete racing title and set a new standard for console racers, both forza and GT are gonna have to up there game and seriously rework the physics TM, career mode and ai. having a much larger finacial backing they could pull it off but only time will tell what directions they will take.

the few thousand "hard core simracers" may or may not enjoy the game, but iam sure the rest of us will :)

Hmmm their simulator looks like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEnSFAYoiaw

From what i've heard from him, he's usually honest in his opinions, just a simracer with vast experience in simulators, in this particular one he's absolutely right, now if you fanboys can't be unbiased it's not his or my problem... i just limit myself to try various games/sims and get my own conclusions with an open mind...

He also pointed some problems related to rF2, so i don't think it's a biased opinion honestly, just like mine... ;)

I don't know if you natively speak English, but his videos are filled with sarcasm and innuendos when reviewing certain sims. If you don't natively speak English, you might not pick up on them. That's not to say his videos aren't useful but he never can overcome his bias in his videos as his personality won't allow it.

However, I will say that unlike him, I do this stuff for real and I find most of his comments without merit..

http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Honda/2014_04_MAM/20140426-John_Hiatt_IV-0611-2.jpg

I don't know if you natively speak English, but his videos are filled with sarcasm and innuendos when reviewing certain sims. If you don't natively speak English, you might not pick up on them. That's not to say his videos aren't useful but he never can overcome his bias in his videos as his personality won't allow it.

However, I will say that unlike him, I do this stuff for real and I find most of his comments without merit..

http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Honda/2014_04_MAM/20140426-John_Hiatt_IV-0611-2.jpg

Yeah I'll give you all a little plug as far as what Satellite Racing actually does.
Erasing the line between Virtual and Reality
>Mod-Edit "Sorry we do not allow advertising and recruiting for external leagues and other racing websites. We already host our own Club and League racing"<

Last edited by a moderator:
...it's not coincidence that F1 and other motorsport teams use ISI engine in their simulators.
The rF2 you drive is something completely different from rFactor Pro. rF Pro is a framework with a "terrain server". It basically provides graphics, sound and track surface data. The vehicle and tyre models are realized with heavy duty proprietary software running on racks full of computers. We're talking multi million dollar projects. rF2 =/= rF Pro and Empty Box =/= provider of the gospel - and neither of those mean much in an AC/pCARS comparison.

Ok, i won't be posting nothing more, some of you guys are just <Mod Edit: No need to swear like that.> and just can't accept a different opinion, others didn't even understood or misunderstood what i said, maybe it's normal in a pCars dedicated forum, maybe this is the type of audience they're looking for, people that don't want to see beyond their noses...

Good luck with your gaming...

Rui, do you have access to daily, or even weekly, builds? Because if you haven't been able to test it as it has progressed (and sometimes regressed) then I don't understand why you would post anyway.

I doubt you will stop posting in here anyway. You first post makes it clear that you are just hating on pCARS for the fun of it.

Yes, and in my opinion it's miles away from... Assetto Corsa! And i'm not a pCars hater, i wish it was a good simulator (with those graphics it's a crime it doesn't), i was just sharing my thoughts about various "simulators" i play which in my opinion rFactor2 right now it's the most complete and complex and will be the benchmark in racing simulations, you can record what i'm saying! One year ago you could find me talking bad things about rF2 and good ones about AC, this year my opinion changed and definitely rF2 is becoming a BEAST in racing simulation while AC for example is just promissing, but too much important things left behind! Also note that i've driving's licence for 19 years, drove too many types of cars, my daily car is a RWD Mercedes, i've also done karting for some years and have some experience with racing cars too, i'm not talking<Mod Edit: No need to swear like that.> ...

Anyway i'm out, maybe in one year you'll remember me, it's just annoying to be attacked for just having an opinion...

it's just annoying to be attacked for just having an opinion...

Are you serious? You're attacking people that have a different opinion. As soon as we think Rfactor 2 isn't the best sim, you write these kind of thing:

Most of you arcaders don't even know this guy

you fanboys can't be unbiased it's not his or my problem...

some of you guys are just stupid and arrogant

people that don't want to see beyond their noses...

So yeah, the only person here that can't handle others' opinion here is you.

Have a good day! :thumbsup:

Ok, i won't be posting nothing more, some of you guys are just stupid and arrogant and just can't accept a different opinion, others didn't even understood or misunderstood what i said, maybe it's normal in a pCars dedicated forum, maybe this is the type of audience they're looking for, people that don't want to see beyond their noses...

Good luck with your gaming...
And with that post you just pointed a big finger at yourself so please take your own advice and post nothing more. As you bring down the quality of the discussion reasonable people are having here!

Guys behave like adults please and if it aint possible to react like one, then simply don't reply at all.
Please stay polite and within forum rules.

Our simple rules:
Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

So yeah, the only person here that can't handle others' opinion here is you.

Have a good day! :thumbsup:

I just wrote those things because i was attacked and everybody started a war against me for having a different opinion... this is the truth, so don't try to reverse the speech...

If i said a lie about pCars, that is a beautiful and perfect SIMULATOR everybody would have loved me, lool...

rFactor 2 is the most complete, complex and real simracing title out there, but it lacks on graphics department, which for a simracer is not the most important at all...

GSCE is another great simulator, AC is very good but lacks important features, like MP, R3E is expensive but very good, aswell as iRacing, PCars is the best at graphics and maybe AI, but not even in same league as others in physics...
wouldnt you consider iracing to be more complex in the physics?

And with that post you just pointed a big finger at yourself so please take your own advice and post nothing more. As you bring down the quality of the discussion reasonable people are having here!

All i can see is that you can't take a different opinion, a "quality discussion" for you is a dictatorial one where everybody says all you want to ear... bahh, not for me, i'm sorry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back