How does callout adjust by "deceleration value" work?

In the readme.txt I have seen the following but can't find any other info about it.

* move by deceleration value "a"
(callout adjust with car velocity "v", [dist = 0.5*(v*v)/a])

I presume it causes the notes to be called earlier the faster you are going?
Does it override or double up with the other callout adjusts? For example if you made the decel adjust sticky for the whole stage, but there were already a few non sticky time adjusts within the stage?

Do others use the callout adjusts much anyway, or just move the notes?
I started using them but then found rather than having a bunch of callout adjusts added in there, I find it faster to just change the location of the note, or delete and re add it. Easier to read the list of notes then also.

In the readme.txt I have seen the following but can't find any other info about it.

* move by deceleration value "a"
(callout adjust with car velocity "v", [dist = 0.5*(v*v)/a])

I presume it causes the notes to be called earlier the faster you are going?
Exactly, the formula tries to take into account the fact that the braking distance squares with the velocity.
This is missing in vanilla RBR.

Does it override or double up with the other callout adjusts?
It adds to all other adjusts, basically all adjusts each are added.

For example if you made the decel adjust sticky for the whole stage, but there were already a few non sticky time adjusts within the stage?
As I said, the sticky one is always added.

Do others use the callout adjusts much anyway, or just move the notes?
Don't know what others are doing.
Moving notes is not a good idea.
A note should be placed where the obstacle is located.
This accounts for e.g. the display of the 3D notes.

I started using them but then found rather than having a bunch of callout adjusts added in there, I find it faster to just change the location of the note, or delete and re add it. Easier to read the list of notes then also.
That is up to you.
I prefer the "smart" callout method.
Exchanging pacenotes between users may be easier when not moving the notes.

Thanks Workerbee, great idea adding this! :thumbsup:
I have been playing around with it but having a bit of trouble trying to work out what sort of adjust value is about right.

I was trying all sorts at first right up to +500 but didn't seem to notice a lot of difference no matter what I tried. After a bit more experimenting I think I have worked it out... it seems that negative values reduce the callout distance, and postive values increase it with around 10-20 working the best. Lower numbers (1-5) make notes call out too far ahead and higher numbers (30+?) seem to be not too different from normal, sound right?
(my RBR pacenote distance is set to 4 square

That is up to you.
I prefer the "smart" callout method.
Exchanging pacenotes between users may be easier when not moving the notes.

Yeah I agree - I think if I get this working to suit me then I won't need to adjust the timing/distance of individual notes much anyway :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back