How do you record brake input cheaply when you do track days?

I just finished my first 2 days on track a few weeks back and I'm reviewing my online sessions and getting ready for my next one at the end of this month. When I was on track the last time, I had one very specific aim for each session, and didn't not pay attention to anything else. For example I said to myself before my second to last session I needed to improve my Turn 5 entry and that was all I was focusing on. I didn't pay attention to my car control over all, and I can't even remember where I started to give gas.

As a result I wish to record my inputs during track days so after that I can carefully study my lap and try to find places I need to improve. I bought a OBDLink LX data reader and paired it with my phone. But then after playing with a few apps including Torque Pro and Track Addict, I realize that they can only see throttle%, but there is no information about my brake inputs. After searching for a few onboard videos with data overlaps I notice that most of them actually do not have brake input information either. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if the OBDII scanner is not able to get brake data. What is the cheapest way to have some brake input data recorded?

Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years