How do you quit a race In Assetto Corsa Championships

So I've tried playing a championship using CM and I finished the race. Then I saw on the bottom 3 icons, one being an X. I clicked on it, and it said the race was cancelled and the race results did not save. I remember a while ago i had the same issue and i think i pressed some key that made it fade out and exit. Does anyone know how to properly exit races and keep the results?

So I've tried playing a championship using CM and I finished the race. Then I saw on the bottom 3 icons, one being an X. I clicked on it, and it said the race was cancelled and the race results did not save. I remember a while ago i had the same issue and i think i pressed some key that made it fade out and exit. Does anyone know how to properly exit races and keep the results?
You must wait untill all cars finish and you see the results. If you quit earlier it will possibly not save the "progress".
Note: No CM user here. Maybe differ here.

You must wait untill all cars finish and you see the results. If you quit earlier it will possibly not save the "progress".
Note: No CM user here. Maybe differ here.
Hi, thanks for replying. I don't think it's CM's fault as it's just a launcher. I even tried it on the normal assetto launcher and it still didn't work. Also, all the cars did finish and we were brought to the race results part where they show all the drivers and their positions within each session as well as 3 buttons on the bottom restart, replay, and exit. I remember before when I was messing with championships a while ago, if I clicked the X button, it would just cancel the race and not save the results. And instead I pressed some key and the game fades out, and that apparently saved the progress. I tried all the keys on my keyboard and I can't really reproduce it.

Hi, thanks for replying. I don't think it's CM's fault as it's just a launcher. I even tried it on the normal assetto launcher and it still didn't work. Also, all the cars did finish and we were brought to the race results part where they show all the drivers and their positions within each session as well as 3 buttons on the bottom restart, replay, and exit. I remember before when I was messing with championships a while ago, if I clicked the X button, it would just cancel the race and not save the results. And instead I pressed some key and the game fades out, and that apparently saved the progress. I tried all the keys on my keyboard and I can't really reproduce it.
ok thats strange, because you made everything like it should be.
Another try i would suggest start the ac.exe as administrator. And i have also had 2 or 3 tracks which while using did not save the progress. If you try always with the same --> check an another track or look for another version.

ok thats strange, because you made everything like it should be.
Another try i would suggest start the ac.exe as administrator. And i have also had 2 or 3 tracks which while using did not save the progress. If you try always with the same --> check an another track or look for another version.
Hi, again, thanks for the response. I shall try the admin thing. Also, I tested this using Kunos tracks and cars...even on the normal assetto launcher and still didn't work so I don't think it's the tracks or cars.

EDIT: Okay, deleting (renaming) the documents folder fixed it. Now when clicking quit, it saves the progress. I also found out that some apps had actually messed it up. Now it works :)

Last edited:
Hi Kev. Been pulling my hair out trying to fix this one for some time and was just on the verge of uninstalling everything untill reading your post
I know that AC re populates the documents folder, and you can copy back the race results from the original re named one, but did you ever find out which App had caused the race cancelled and no results being displayed.
Or is it a case of turning them on one by one untill it happens again.
Thanks.

Hi Kev. Been pulling my hair out trying to fix this one for some time and was just on the verge of uninstalling everything untill reading your post
I know that AC re populates the documents folder, and you can copy back the race results from the original re named one, but did you ever find out which App had caused the race cancelled and no results being displayed.
Or is it a case of turning them on one by one untill it happens again.
Thanks.
What I did to solve it was turn each app off and then on individually until the game broke. I'm not sure if assetto corsa has a limit on the number of apps but that's what I did to solve the mystery, and I didn't need to delete my documents folder.

What I did to solve it was turn each app off and then on individually until the game broke. I'm not sure if assetto corsa has a limit on the number of apps but that's what I did to solve the mystery, and I didn't need to delete my documents folder.
sounds like that app is not working properly and prevents AC from a clean exit, so whether
-dont use it
-look for an update
-post "...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt" after such an error

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%