How do you post photos on this forum??

• Google photo links are not displaying on the forum.
  • Cannot drag-and-drop photos. The forum says my photos are too large, and it does not say what size they should be.
Are there any descriptions on the specifics on posting photos on this forum?

At present, inline images within posts have a size limit of 1 MB :thumbsup:

Always make sure that images aren't ridiculously large as there is a limit.
Using snipping tool for more area than 1/4th of a 1080p monitor you first have to put it into paint and save it again as a more lossy jpg to be able to directly upload it. Maybe the limit could be raised to 2mb in the future?

Using snipping tool for more area than 1/4th of a 1080p monitor you first have to put it into paint and save it again as a more lossy jpg to be able to directly upload it. Maybe the limit could be raised to 2mb in the future?
Hmm, not sure about that. The existing code seems to be pretty flexible about how you post images, though I haven't tested it a lot.
For example, when I just paste in a screenshot it shows up as a PNG (probably because of my browser, rather than the forum itself). This seems like a good thing, because you get the option to use PNG when you need it, e.g. for images which would be horrible with JPEG compression, but you can also use JPEG when appropriate (albeit with a separate step in an image editor). The file-size limit is I guess only an issue if you try to post a complex screenshot as PNG, yes? (I think that's consistent with what you're saying.)
For comparison, all of my Steam-assisted (F12) Assetto Corsa 1920x1080 screenshots are way under 1 MB (all JPEGs).
(Btw, I just checked and the Snipping Tool in Win10 gives you a "Save as" option with PNG, JPEG, GIF options...)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%