How do YOU play Assetto Corsa?

I mean this question seriously. I'm interested in how other people play Assetto Corsa.I'm interested to know as perhaps some of you have cool ideas for how to do things. As there's barely a career and the AI strength is decided by the player, it's sort of up to the individual to play it as he or she wants to.

For my part, I've been playing AC quite happily for hundreds of hours. But I sort of do the same thing most of the time. On most tracks, that involves having eight-lap races, starting at the back of a 16- or 17-car grid of similar or the same cars, not overtaking for half of the first lap, then attempting to win the race. So I usually write down the AI strength at which I've won a race at, and then, next time, I make the AI harder and re-do the race.

Sometimes I look at RSR to compare my lap times, which can be fun, but I definitely prefer racing against AI.

Anyone there got another way of doing things?

sadly don`t have as much time for simracing as I would like at this moment (newborn baby) so AC is not getting as much love as some other sims from me .. but even before it was mostly either quick MP sprint races now and than or quick test of all cars after DLC pack is released.
Way back than in EA phase I used to just hotlap, enjoying how it feels, not sure what happend with that.
Other than that just for recording purposes, 2 - 3 laps to match laptime achieved in other sim I`m doing side by side ...
Never really considered AI races as an option in AC but after console release I went back to 'career' mode and had quite fun in first few tiers (somehow lots easier to pass now, used to be bit frustrating) .. but than beta of brits pack in AMS happend and it was over :) ..
With all those Porsches comming I`ll be expecting seeing AC on my screen more often though ...

Lately I usually first check SRS, if nothing I then check online servers, if nothing again then I quick race against AI at VIR (great AI there) or RIR or Miseluk. Sometimes I'm tired so I just drive on Lake Louise with some music on.

NEVER against AI. I'm old, and I don't know, racing against 'the computer' seems so ... ZX Spectrum. I lived those years, when your only oppontnet was the computer. I'm sure things have moved on in AI terms, but now I have a choice, I avoid it. This is not an AC judgement, I don't play against AI in any other game either.

Being a VR user, hot lapping can be fun. I'd like to be better at setting up a car but currently, simply, can't do it.

So most of my time is spent online, one way or another. I run a few servers, for open wheels mainly. They have stracker so I find it much more fun to hotlap with a lap chart to rate myself against. Just another half a second and I'll move up 10 places or whatever.

Then good old simple racing. The most fun I have online is in the more manageable, single make type affairs like the MX5 and GT86. I'd like to be able to race faster single seaters online but even if I'm careful, usually others aren/t.

I've been building a website to share updated physics for older open wheel cars - www.flying-bollards.com and have ended up with, for example, a very co-operative and easy to drive GP2 car.

Now I just need a community of people to race it with me.

Practice/test for my club races. Hot lap new mod tracks. Do laps with various cars around the Nords. Some AI racing. Take street cars for relaxing drives around Lake Louise (even though street cars apparently have no place in a sim). Going to check out SRS this week to see what it's all about.

Nothing but a waiting game, drive some car when its released, get the fun out of it, stop playing because the game doesn't offer much more than just driving, its like going to work from home every day, nothing changes.

Mostly a track day simulator for me. I either drive alone, or set up an AI race weekend with random cars and then just drive the practice session. I've found that I get a deeper, more satisfying experience when I pick just one car to drive at one track, and stick with that for multiple sessions. And I usually drive street cars or classic racers. Having a car break traction into a slight 4-wheel drift in a controllable manner is one of the best feelings in the world.
Occasionally I'll join a public server for a little race or Nord Tourist run.
I just love driving. So great to be able to play with such a wide range of interesting machinery on so many tracks.

Is there a way to set up an offline race where every car has to do one pit stop, in, like, a nine- or ten-lap race, for example? Or two or three laps of Nords?

I didn't play much pCARS really, but pit stopping was a lot of fun. It'd be great if there was something similar in AC.

Is there a way to set up an offline race where every car has to do one pit stop, in, like, a nine- or ten-lap race, for example? Or two or three laps of Nords?
I don't think there is option for mandatory pit stop. Online you can increase fuel rate to force pit stops. Offline fuel rate is probably just on/off?

For the topic I do online leagues and random online races almost every day. Only full race I have done with AI was the first career race with Fiat 500. This was long time ago when career mode was introduced.

I do a lot of testing for my mods (or those I beta), which is mostly done in Training mode without AI. Typical test track for cars varies, for the KRB I like to use mod tracks the real car ran on. If I use AI its mostly max. 13 cars, as that is what my old Phenom II is capable of. Sometimes I start longer races on the Nordschleife with a mixed field, and drive as long as needed to lap the backmarker field (I'm mostly slower than AI driven GT3s :D)

I only rather recently started doing pickup online racing, mostly on MR one make servers. Just this weekend I spend some great races driving the MX-5 Cup car (which I never drove before). Online mode offers some great servers, but is really depending on time of usage. Log in on a work free Tuesday morning and all you'd find are Nordschleife Tourist, Monza GT2 and drifting

My setup is simple, only one 24'' screen, old (well maintained) Driving Force GT wheel, my custom homemade pedals and H-shifter, headphones.

Usually hotlapping using different car/track combinations, depending on a mood it can be stroll through Bavarian countryside in a MX5 to SF15 in Spa. Then racing with AI (GT3, Formula Abarth or Fiat 500) on some random tracks, but have some popular combinations such as Ginetta GT4 on Road America for example.

When I'm feeling pumped up after beating AI on 90% I'm usually going online to be beaten badly by 105% aliens and starting the whole cycle again. Such cycle can take between 2-3 days to a month to complete, and it's pretty much always the same :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 104 14.0%