How do you edit track names & flags?

I found a white board marker works well on the screen for names and then i colour in post it notes and stick them on when i need them for the flags.

If the temporary solution doesn't work you can always open up the shared textasset and locations textasset. You'll need the extractor to acess them.

I found a white board marker works well on the screen for names and then i colour in post it notes and stick them on when i need them for the flags.

If the temporary solution doesn't work you can always open up the shared textasset and locations textasset. You'll need the extractor to acess them.
FFS hahahahahaahahahah, nothing to do with lap47, i just wanna try something.

so its Shared.txt that can change race name with line there where "Track Locations" is and write "Spa-Francorchamps" and flags with PSG_10003764 is belgium flag and then Championships.txt locations numbre is track numbre from like Track A-B-C-D with vanilla track names etc info from locations.txt

can i change Ardennes to lets says "Spa-Francorchamps" will it work? or all vanilla names must stay in locations.txt, no change? hope its understand lol.

so its Shared.txt that can change race name with line there where "Track Locations" is and write "Spa-Francorchamps" and flags with PSG_10003764 is belgium flag and then Championships.txt locations numbre is track numbre from like Track A-B-C-D with vanilla track names etc info from locations.txt

can i change Ardennes to lets says "Spa-Francorchamps" will it work? or all vanilla names must stay in locations.txt, no change? hope its understand lol.
Thanks, one quick question, will I have to start a new save for this?

The shared file is where you make the name change. The psg number next to the track name in the shared file is what you need to make sure is entered in the loction file. If the psg number in the shared file doesnt match in the location file you'll more than usually end up with an error message instead of a track name.

The shared file only has 16 names and psg numbers for track locations. So if like me you want more, then you need to generate or write in a new track location and assign it a new or unused psg number, i like to recycle so i used unused psg numbers in my mod.

Does anyone know where to reference the PSG files for the country flags? I'm just a little bit anal about Monaco having the South African flag or Barcelona having the Portuguese flag, etc. Also, is there any way to have the track as, say, Melbourne, but then it also being the Australian GP.

Edit: I had another question to add.

Last edited:
guide....not sure lol.

Shared.txt
change track name here - name show in game
this PSG is for Track ABCD info from Locations.
"Track Locations","","","HUDText","Spa-Francorchamps","PSG_10003764"
"Track Locations","","","HUDText","Shanghai","PSG_10003765"

Locations.txt
change Flags here - show flags in game

if want change track A to Track b or whatever then see info from Locations.txt
Ardennes,0,PSG_10003764,Belgium,PSG_10000899
Beijing,2,PSG_10003765,China,PSG_10000920

Nationalities.txt

to find all correct flag PSG numbre info like this...
you see that have same numbre here and locations
then write this psg numbre to in Locations.
"Belgium","Europe","Country","HUDText","Belgium","PSG_10000899
"China","Asia","Country","HUDText","China","PSG_10000920

Championships.txt

you can remove or add any track for F1,GP2 and GP3 in Locations region
look like this one...
39;43;2;34;11;18;6;9;19;0;15;38;40;25;31;28

see up on locations.txt same numbre here and up.
0 numbre is belgium SPA...
2 numbre is China Shanghai

hope that helpes :ninja:
BTW maybe i wrote wrong...a bit confus:O_o:
hope someone write a nice english guide info...engrish isn't my native language.

Last edited:
Reactions: ppp
guide....not sure lol.

Shared.txt
change track name here - name show in game
this PSG is for Track ABCD info from Locations.
"Track Locations","","","HUDText","Spa-Francorchamps","PSG_10003764"
"Track Locations","","","HUDText","Shanghai","PSG_10003765"

Locations.txt
change Flags here - show flags in game

if want change track A to Track b or whatever then see info from Locations.txt
Ardennes,0,PSG_10003764,Belgium,PSG_10000899
Beijing,2,PSG_10003765,China,PSG_10000920

Nationalities.txt

to find all correct flag PSG numbre info like this...
you see that have same numbre here and locations
then write this psg numbre to in Locations.
"Belgium","Europe","Country","HUDText","Belgium","PSG_10000899
"China","Asia","Country","HUDText","China","PSG_10000920

Championships.txt

you can remove or add any track for F1,GP2 and GP3 in Locations region
look like this one...
39;43;2;34;11;18;6;9;19;0;15;38;40;25;31;28

see up on locations.txt same numbre here and up.
0 numbre is belgium SPA...
2 numbre is China Shanghai

hope that helpes :ninja:
BTW maybe i wrote wrong...a bit confus:O_o:
hope someone write a nice english guide info...engrish isn't my native language.

Cheers for the reply! I had a grasp on how to change the names and all, but I had no idea there was a Nationalities.txt. That's exactly what I was looking for for flags. Thanks for that! But do you (or anyone) know if I can split the names, so when (for example), you're looking at the calendar for Shanghai. The slot on the left would say Shanghai, but the larger event screen on the right would say Chinese GP?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%