How do pitstops work?

got a race and i need to do a pit stop and use 2 tyre compounds, do i have to request a pit stop while racing or just drive in when i feel like it.
and when in pits how do i change the tyre compound.
thanks for the help.

Just drive in, the rest will speak for itself. Try it in a quick race in Multiplayer!
Fix_it_Cat_by_combine324.jpg

I've done the pit stops in multiplayer, car body damage takes a lot of time to repair. The quickest is tyres, fuel, suspension, overall the mechanical damage is quicker to repair. The body damage takes so much time, I got trapped in the pit stops the first time when I repaired the body.. maybe for like 45sec to 1min. In a long lap race maybe is good to repair body if critical, especially in open wheelers, but in a short race just go for suspensions/engine/tyres/fuel if needed. Like if you pit stop in the last 2 or 3 laps, then just go for the softer tyres and lowest amount of fuel needed :p

just tried a long quick-race with ai, and pit stops still don't work in release 1.0.
hmm.. that's something that should be working by now imo.

edit: quote Kunos:
..."Pitstops! We have implemented pitstops with animated cinematic pitcrew. Assetto Corsa v1.0 pitstops implementation will support only multiplayer races, but we’re working hard to include single player pitstops in one of our next free updates. The delay on the single player implementation, is caused by the need to define and balance the AI pitstop strategy during races."...

ah, good to know.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%