PC1 How do I "Map" ESC to T500RS

Title says it all. Have T500RS mapped pretty well, but I do NOT know how to map the ESC keyboard button to the "500RS"........

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Tom

I use the ESC when finished on the "track", to exit and move to another car or track type. Just quicker than using keyboard. I sure don't see ESC in the UI assignments. I'll research about external applications.

Thanks so much

I use the ESC when finished on the "track", to exit and move to another car or track type. Just quicker than using keyboard. I sure don't see ESC in the UI assignments. I'll research about external applications.

Thanks so much

If you mean when your car is on track, then you can just press the pause button (which you can map to whichever button you like) to get the exit menu.

Yup,,that "ESC" button is really used a lot I believe for every game so I decided to make my own button box from a 2nd keyboard. Now when the wifey calls or texts while playing it's right there.
image.jpg

Nice idea and "nice button box"..............and I "sure" know about the calls from the wife....

Quick Question: "RESET CAR" in UI, what does it really do...........when you press it, does it reset you "cars" individual setup and returns to default setup????

Thanks so very much,

Tom

If you are referring to the option I think you are, it places you back on the track in a ghost mode until you get moving again. If you have a big off and don't want to drive back to the track, you can hit the rest button and it will place you back on the track.

If you are referring to the option I think you are, it places you back on the track in a ghost mode until you get moving again. If you have a big off and don't want to drive back to the track, you can hit the rest button and it will place you back on the track.

Much to the dismay of some online racers because some people use this to minimize their accidents and just reset to the track. Would be nice to have the option to disable it for online rooms.

Hello Kyle,
Thanks.....I didn't know if reset meant all your "car settings" were taken back to default??
This is "good to know"...and makes sense now.....
I've pressed reset before (it was bound to one of my T500rs as a default), and when I would press it, car would be on track, but it also looked as if it had changed FOV also???

Tom

I've pressed reset before (it was bound to one of my T500rs as a default), and when I would press it, car would be on track, but it also looked as if it had changed FOV also???

It shouldn't affect anything else. However, if you have speed sensitive FOV enabled it could give the impression the FOV was modified (i.e. the FOV is dynamically changing and then all of a sudden set back to normal with the car not moving).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%