Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

How do I make the object in my plugin save its coordinates after exiting the game?

Hey! I decided to make my first plugin for the second lantern in the game. I got it, everything works, except for one BUT: I re-read SaveLoad Class in the MSCLoader Wiki several times, looked at the code of about a dozen other mods and could not do anything! Please help me!
C#:
using MSCLoader;
using UnityEngine;

namespace SecondLantern
{
    public class DoubleLantern : Mod
    {
        public override string ID => "SecondLantern";
        public override string Name => "SecondLantern";
        public override string Author => "Mr.Gitsen";
        public override string Version => "0";
        private static GameObject SecondLantern;

public override void OnLoad()
        {
            SecondLantern = Object.Instantiate(GameObject.Find("lantern(itemx)"));
            SecondLantern.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(-10f, 0.2f, 6f);

}
    }
}
P.S. about my skill - I'm still a noob in Unity and C#, but I already made file mods for MSC (replaced models and textures directly in the sharedassets itself). I learned to write plugins using the code from the Roman266 and zamp mods.

Last edited:
C#:
        {
            MySaveObject myObject = SaveLoad.DeserializeSaveFile<MySaveObject>(this, "my_save_file.json");

//Example usage after values are loaded into your custom object
            satsuma.setSpeedTo(myObject.getMyIntValue());
            //
        }
        public override void OnSave()
        {
            //Exmaple usage that would happen somewhere in your code
            myObject.setMyIntValue(200);
            //

SaveLoad.SerializeSaveFile<MySaveObject>(this, myObject, "my_save_file.json");
        }

C#:
        {
            MySaveObject myObject = SaveLoad.DeserializeSaveFile<MySaveObject>(this, "my_save_file.json");

satsuma.setSpeedTo(myObject.getMyIntValue());
            //
        }
        {
            myObject.setMyIntValue(200);
            //

SaveLoad.SerializeSaveFile<MySaveObject>(this, myObject, "my_save_file.json");
        }
Oh, thank you so much! Honestly, I did not expect someone to answer me, but it happened! But, I had a couple of questions: Apparently, I did not understand what is meant by "MySaveObject" and "myObject" (well, I understood the meaning of these words, but, apparently, I wrote something wrong in my code instead) ... And now Visual Studio throws error CS1503. That variable (maybe it's called something different, he's not talking about that now ...) I marked // right here.
C#:
        private GameObject SecondLantern;

{
            DoubleLantern myObject = SaveLoad.DeserializeSaveFile<DoubleLantern>(this, "my_save_file.json");

//
        }
        {
            //
                                                            //right here
            SaveLoad.SerializeSaveFile<DoubleLantern>(this, SecondLantern, "my_save_file.json");
        }
    }
}
P.S. Well, thank you again for helping novice modders!

Oh, thank you so much! Honestly, I did not expect someone to answer me, but it happened! But, I had a couple of questions: Apparently, I did not understand what is meant by "MySaveObject" and "myObject" (well, I understood the meaning of these words, but, apparently, I wrote something wrong in my code instead) ... And now Visual Studio throws error CS1503. That variable (maybe it's called something different, he's not talking about that now ...) I marked // right here.
C#:
        private GameObject SecondLantern;

{
            DoubleLantern myObject = SaveLoad.DeserializeSaveFile<DoubleLantern>(this, "my_save_file.json");

//
        }
        {
            //
                                                            //right here
            SaveLoad.SerializeSaveFile<DoubleLantern>(this, SecondLantern, "my_save_file.json");
        }
    }
}
P.S. Well, thank you again for helping novice modders!
MySaveObject is an object you created (Visual studio -> Project -> create new element -> class)
(Or something like that, you need to create a new class)

That class needs to have fields
So for your lantern you eould probably have 3 fields
C#:
public int x;
public int y;
public int z;

You don't have to use an object you could also use a Dictionary (Look up how to use one in c# on google)

MySaveObject is an object you created (Visual studio -> Project -> create new element -> class)
(Or something like that, you need to create a new class)

That class needs to have fields
So for your lantern you eould probably have 3 fields
C#:
public int x;
public int y;
public int z;

You don't have to use an object you could also use a Dictionary (Look up how to use one in c# on google)

Hello Donner! It's okay, my mod works after a week of trial and error. Thanks for helping. And one more thing: if it's not a secret, how did you learn to make such cool mods?

Attachments

• SL.jpg
    SL.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 9