How do I eliminate flickering shadows?

I recently picked up this game from a Steam sale and I’ve been having a lot of fun playing and modding it but for one thing, I can’t seem to eliminate flickering shadows and dashboard highlights.

My system: Intel 6700k, Nvidia GTX 1070 @4k 60Hz, Content Manager, SOL 1.4, and Custom Shaders Patch. I have AF set to 16x in Profile Inspector and no AA. Currently using the SOL post-processing filter but I have the same issue with natural_mod_sol. I’ve tried different versions of CSP 1.34, 1.35, 1.44, 1.45 all with the same issue.

I suppose I could turn shadows off completely but would hate to lose the immersion they add. Any suggestions as to how I can reduce the flickering welcome and appreciated.

i have problems with this flickering in every game i play, dont know is this nvidia issue?Changed a lot of drivers, tried nvidia inspector, nothing helps.When take a screenshot it is barely noticable, but when playing it takes me mad.
My card is 1050ti + a bit OC, games are AC, ETS 2

Custom shader patch does have some stuff to reduce shadow flickering but it should be defaulted on since it's got no performance effects. I think it's the "stabilized" checkbox in Smart Shadows section.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years