How do I edit car classes?

Personally I use notepad++
- you need first to modify classe name in gdb menu (\GameData)
- then do the changes in all CAR files at bottom under classes="xxx"

So GT3 cars are listed as "GTD". I managed to put GTD name on the Ferrari F430 file but my main issue is that the Astons race together as one car. All Aston Martin teams are listed as GTD but there are 2 different models, one from the GTLM category while the other one is the right GT3 model. Basically i can't find the right files because they are all named as GTD. Same thing for the Corvette and the Viper.

Take a sheet of paper and a pen while you are browsing cars in menu, and make columns with GTLM and GTE (write car number/manufacturer/team/year) then it will be easier for you to set classes.
I understand that your gdb menu is
GT3 = GTLM/GTE
But you want to split in 2 so you should write in menu :
GT3_GTLM = GTLM
GT3_GTE = GTE
Then you should do the changes in every CAR files like :
Classes="GT3_GTLM, ..." OR Classes="GT3_GTE, ..."

Moreover you can add the year like 19GT3_GTLM or GT3_GTLM19 by example

Hey i wanted to know how to move cars between classes aswell, but the problem is some GDB files don't have any class names at all. I mean some of the files have "MERC_AMG_1 = Mercedes SL55 AMG" so i know the car and class but some other files have " _ALMS = ALMS" and here i don't know anything.
And by class i mean in the game menu when you select a track and car you have car class and car model. I'd like to move some cars into different cathegory so i can make a race weekend with the cars i want. What and where i have to change to make it work?

You can set categories in menu GDB files : open one of them in GameData folder with notepad (I suggest freeware notepad++ which is more powerful) and you will see category lists like
VETTE = Chevrolet Corvette
On the right is the text displayed in menu
On the left is the corresponding Tag (you never see that directly in menu) which should be in your corvette .CAR file (open it with notepad) at the bottom like this :
Classe="VETTE, ..."
So each time you write VETTE in CAR classe then it will appear in menu when you check Chevrolet Corvette.
You can add up to 32 entries per GDB menu file so if you want more then create another GDB menu. Each GDB menu should have a TXT file with same name and optionally a TGA image.

sorry for hijacking an old thread, but i have a problem...there is a new ACC GT3 conversion for GTR2 but the super gt section in the game doesnt have either BMW M6 or Honda NSX innit...instead there is a Mclaren....i want to fix it but dont know what to do....the gdb file for the SGT has no info apart from the race rules....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%