How do I convert replays into quality YouTube video's without using recording software?

Grand Tourist

Enjoying the beautiful world of Assetto Corsa
Regarding the technical side of broadcasting replays of AC via YouTube : how do I convert AC replays into quality YouTube video's without using recording software? Is this possible?

Regarding the technical side of broadcasting replays of AC via YouTube : how do I convert AC replays into quality YouTube video's without using recording software? Is this possible?

I don't think that is possible looking at the file extensions of AC. A good recording software is OBS, and it's free if you want to record AC replays.

A easy way of doing it .Is if you have a decent Nvidia based card is to use shadow play via Nvidias GeForce experience program then you can record any type of footage from pc on the fly in HD and upload to where ever you like from those created files.I normally save replays/footage before hand then do captures from there.then use a program like Sony vegas or AVS for doing the Magic of overlays etc......

I record the moments I want from the replay with Bandicam (you can also use OBS). Then rename the files like 1, 2, 3 so I won't get lost. Reencode them with Handbrake to put them @ recommended Youtube bitrate settings and also reduce their size a lot. Upload the videos to youtube, then I use the Youtube editor to make it, it has some tools you can add texts to your videos.

A easy way of doing it .Is if you have a decent Nvidia based card is to use shadow play via Nvidias GeForce experience program then you can record any type of footage from pc on the fly in HD and upload to where ever you like from those created files.I normally save replays/footage before hand then do captures from there.then use a program like Sony vegas or AVS for doing the Magic of overlays etc......
that's very friendly but I have an AMD Radeon card.

I record the moments I want from the replay with Bandicam (you can also use OBS). Then rename the files like 1, 2, 3 so I won't get lost. Reencode them with Handbrake to put them @ recommended Youtube bitrate settings and also reduce their size a lot. Upload the videos to youtube, then I use the Youtube editor to make it, it has some tools you can add texts to your videos (not the annotations) like this

*from the second video the texts are on teh botton, not a good position at all
also very informative but I already use Bandicam unregistered version and the quality is insufficient. Maybe I need to reconfig the setup for recording. I use then Windows Moviemaker for editing. I was looking to convert AC replays directly into YouTube video's but that was somewhat opportunistic I guess

that's very friendly but I have an AMD Radeon card.

also very informative but I already use Bandicam unregistered version and the quality is insufficient. Maybe I need to reconfig the setup for recording. I use then Windows Moviemaker for editing. I was looking to convert AC replays directly into YouTube video's but that was somewhat opportunistic I guess
Use a external codec in Bandicam, here is my config.
I used to use Windows Moviemaker to make my videos but it's pretty bad, I'd suggest you look for something else to do it.
You need to use Handbrake after that, select "web optimized" and the video will look as good just with a much smaller size. Just put the recommended Youtube bit rate on the program otherwise you'll get video with higher quality and Youtube will destroy it when it is processing
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 621
I'd recommend using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), it's main intention is for streaming to Twitch and YouTube but it works well for recording locally as well, just search YouTube for some guides on how to set it up. It's free, does a decent job of recording and you won't have to run the files through a second program like HandBrake after it's done, just upload it to the tube.

I'd recommend using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), it's main intention is for streaming to Twitch and YouTube but it works well for recording locally as well, just search YouTube for some guides on how to set it up. It's free, does a decent job of recording and you won't have to run the files through a second program like HandBrake after it's done, just upload it to the tube.

HandBrake is a useful program tho if you want to make those file sizes a bit smaller. My IndyCar videos are usually between 7GB-10GB and I just set it to 720p, re-encode with HandBrake, and it's at a much better size for quick upload. Not much loss (nothing noticeable for me anyway) in quality too.

You can set Bandicam to record already at Youtube bitrate what does not need to use Handbrake, but the quality won't be as good as full quality record and reencode with Handbrake. Don't know how it is on OBS, I have it but never used to record a video, only to Stream, so worth to test, it varies from PC to PC

I use fraps, then handbrake. I found the quality of OBS to be lacking. Fine for streaming, but it looked a poor video. I may check out some guides though to see if my settings are up to spec.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%