How do I changing tires using Content Manager

I don't use Content Manager much ... I am just not handy with a lot of computer processes ... but i do know cars.

I might like to upgrade the tires on a number of Trans Am cars. I am fairly certain that I will not be doing anything with them online.

I've already been to the "tires" portion of CM ... and I'm sure that the process of moving things is just a drag and drop.

But on what basis do I make the selection? Do I just match up the size and grab a different compound?

Can I screw anything up by doing this?

yes just a drag and drop process through car manager link in CM, then replace tyres link
with the "find fitting tyres" option, cm lists all the available tyres with a commentary and a set of colors (green : just fine, red : completely different). you chose the ones which matches with your car (same radius...), then drag and drop it on the present tyres in left part of the board.
works well so far i used it
if you know anything about tyres, you may also create yourself a new set of tyres with the "generate new tyres" option...
be carefull : the old tyres are destroyed
hope it helps

Ez

One thing has always confused me with CM's tyre-update process: if the original car has, say, three different selectable tyres (eg soft, med and hard slicks), changing the tyres on one of those seems to remove the other two, so you end up with only one set of tyres for that car with no option to get the others back and update them too.

I'm probably doing it wrong. Half the fun of CM is finding out WHAT it can do, and then working out HOW to do it.

I love CM but sheeeeesh, it's pretty obtuse sometimes.

I wanted to try to update tyres a bunch of times already but honestly the UI for this is... not quite easy to understand. Also, it seems there is no real manual/documentation or even tutorial for it. At least I could not find one.

Maybe someone can drop some detailed knowledge here? :p

One thing has always confused me with CM's tyre-update process: if the original car has, say, three different selectable tyres (eg soft, med and hard slicks), changing the tyres on one of those seems to remove the other two, so you end up with only one set of tyres for that car with no option to get the others back and update them too.
I'd also like to know how that should be done.
Same issue here...

I'm probably doing it wrong. Half the fun of CM is finding out WHAT it can do, and then working out HOW to do it.

simply add others coumpounds, what's so difficult?
you change a compound (Medium for ex) by drag and drop, it removes the others (normal it's not the same) .. Then add the others (soft, hard) compounds

simply add others coumpounds, what's so difficult?
you change a compound (Medium for ex) by drag and drop, it removes the others (normal it's not the same) .. Then add the others (soft, hard) compounds
'What's so difficult' is that I've never seen the option to add tyres, only change them (which deletes the others). Could be I wasn't looking hard enough, but I expect things like that to be semi-obvious in 2018 :p
Can you please explain exactly how it's achieved? I'll try it next time I'm on.

lol ok for ex we will change tires from r8 lms 2016 by c7r
- so we are in content > car > r8 lms
- clik replace tyres
- window open, on the left the old ones, on the right all the tyres you can choose
(for easy finding change "source car filter" by "k+" (thats mean only all kunos tyres) or by "c7r" in this case
- on the right now we have all c7r compounds
- so just DRAG N DROP a coumpound (Hard) from the right to the left (between the old ones to change rear and front in same time or over a old one to change only rear or front)
- now remove the others old tyres from r8 and DRAG N DROP the coumpounds missing (M, S)
- tick Medium on the left for default coumpounds
- save
- done

I hope to be clear and sorry for my bad english :p

lol ok for ex we will change tires from r8 lms 2016 by c7r
- so we are in content > car > r8 lms
- clik replace tyres
- window open, on the left the old ones, on the right all the tyres you can choose
(for easy finding change "source car filter" by "k+" (thats mean only all kunos tyres) or by "c7r" in this case
- on the right now we have all c7r compounds
- so just DRAG N DROP a coumpound (Hard) from the right to the left (between the old ones to change rear and front in same time or over a old one to change only rear or front)
- now remove the others old tyres from r8 and DRAG N DROP the coumpounds missing (M, S)
- tick Medium on the left for default coumpounds
- save
- done

I hope to be clear and sorry for my bad english :p

Drag the new tire to an empty space below the existing tires to add more sets!

*facepalm*
So.
Damn.
Obvious.

Thanks chaps! :)

How do I change the tires? I cannot find any way to select the .rar file that has been downloaded. None of my car folders have a folder called "data".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%