F1 2017 How did a F2002 mod from AC end up in F1 2017???

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP gives the Mod del Ferrari F2002, and now that a great company uses, gets furious because it wants a part of the cake of CM...

Hatred towards CM, Turn 10, Polyphony, EA... I deign of a sociological study...

If a friend asks you to lend your car due to an emergency, and then you discover that he used it to get money by using it as an uber driver wouldn´t you be angry? Just asking.

• Deleted member 408599

Estimado controversista de tantos e indelicados heterónimos, suplantador doloso mío mientras yo, quedo, ante la saña suya, imbele. Alguien, antes, empleó la palabra Gilipollas, del árabe ŷāhil, ŷihil, bobo, aturdido, ignorante. Adj. fam Tonto, lelo. He aquí su etimología en 10 pasos: 1. "Reír" se dijo en griego: γελάω, geláo.2. "Hacer" se leyó en griego: ποιἐω, poyéo3. "Bufón" se dijo en griego: γελωτοποιός, gelotopoyós.4. La era del "bufón", por ende, alguien "que hace reír" .5. De gelotopoyós se pasaría a gelopoyós, 6. pues gela- y geloson prefijos para indicar lo relativo a la risa.7. El sufijo -ποιῑα, poya, significa "formación" .8. Es decir, que el que "forma risas" es una gelopoya.9. Dígase "Gelopoya" en madrileño castizo y se oye "Gilipolla" .10. De ahí al plural "gilipollas" hay un corto trecho que recorrer. Por cierto, ¿por qué me odia?

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Estimado controversista de tantos e indelicados heterónimos, suplantador doloso mío mientras yol, quedo, ante la saña suya, imbele. Alguien, antes, empleó la palabra Gilipollas, del árabe ŷāhil, ŷihil, bobo, aturdido, ignorante. Adj. fam Tonto, lelo. He aquí su etimología en 10 pasos: 1. "Reír" se dijo en griego: γελάω, geláo.2. "Hacer" se leyó en griego: ποιἐω, poyéo3. "Bufón" se dijo en griego: γελωτοποιός, gelotopoyós.4. La era del "bufón", por ende, alguien "que hace reír" .5. De gelotopoyós se pasaría a gelopoyós, 6. pues gela- y geloson prefijos para indicar lo relativo a la risa.7. El sufijo -ποιῑα, poya, significa "formación" .8. Es decir, que el que "forma risas" es una gelopoya.9. Dígase "Gelopoya" en madrileño castizo y se oye "Gilipolla" .10. De ahí al plural "gilipollas" hay un corto trecho que recorrer. Por cierto, ¿por qué me odia?
Sorry but it is in the Terms of Service of Racedepartment that you write in English. I quote:
The main language at RaceDepartment is English. Other languages are permitted only in private and profile messages.
If your English is not that good, use Google translate: https://translate.google.com/

Estimado controversista de tantos e indelicados heterónimos, suplantador doloso mío mientras yo, quedo, ante la saña suya, imbele. Alguien, antes, empleó la palabra Gilipollas, del árabe ŷāhil, ŷihil, bobo, aturdido, ignorante. Adj. fam Tonto, lelo. He aquí su etimología en 10 pasos: 1. "Reír" se dijo en griego: γελάω, geláo.2. "Hacer" se leyó en griego: ποιἐω, poyéo3. "Bufón" se dijo en griego: γελωτοποιός, gelotopoyós.4. La era del "bufón", por ende, alguien "que hace reír" .5. De gelotopoyós se pasaría a gelopoyós, 6. pues gela- y geloson prefijos para indicar lo relativo a la risa.7. El sufijo -ποιῑα, poya, significa "formación" .8. Es decir, que el que "forma risas" es una gelopoya.9. Dígase "Gelopoya" en madrileño castizo y se oye "Gilipolla" .10. De ahí al plural "gilipollas" hay un corto trecho que recorrer. Por cierto, ¿por qué me odia?
English here please, if you don't mind.:thumbsdown:

Dear controversial of so many and indelicate heteronyms, fraudulent intent of mine while I, remain, before his fury, imbele. Someone, before, used the word Asshole, from Arabic ŷāhil, ŷihil, stupid, dazed, ignorant. Adj. fam. Silly, read it. Here is its etymology in 10 steps:
1. "Laugh" was said in Greek: γελάω, geláo.
2. "To do" was read in Greek: ποιἐω, poyéo
3. "Bufón" it was said in Greek: γελωτοποιός, gelotopoyós.
4. The era of the "jester", therefore, someone "that makes you laugh".
5. From gelotopoyós would be passed to gelopoyós,
6. For gela- and geloson prefixes to indicate what is relative to laughter.
7. The suffix -ποιῑα, poya, means "formation".
8. That is to say, the one that "forms laughter" is a gelopoya.
9. Say "Gelopoya" in Castilian from Madrid and you hear "Gilipolla".
10. From there to the plural "asshole" there is a short stretch to go. By the way, why do you hate me?

Run Google translate myself, don't quit understand what you were trying to say?

This can't stop him from doing what?

He was giving the model away for free for people to use in video games, so presumably he didn't mind if people used it in video games for free. Why the sudden change of heart?

Also cases such as this don't go to court for personal delight; it would be a waste of taxpayer money. The court needs to be able to establish the damage done to the OP, financial or otherwise, in order for Codemasters to compensate him.

The third factor is the fact that the modelling work in question led to an illegal activity, which isn't something that courts view favourably.

And your video editing example only muddies the waters. If the videos and photos are not yours then you still need to ask the owner of those images for permission before you can edit them and distribute them for free. Editing them does not make them your images and it does not give you a right to distribute them for free, or otherwise, without the owners permission.

If they are your images and you edit them then no problem, because you are the sole copyright holder.

If the OP had designed his own single seater and Codies used it in their game without his permission then he has a strong case because that would constitute an ip infringement.

European law tutelates me when I use not mine photo for editing. 'Cause I use them for satire and parody. So my ass is covered.

Back to matters: This can't stop OP from modeling an F2002. If I want, I could do it now, and Ferrari could do nothing to stop me. I could also put it on MEGA, and redistribute the link on the web. Would be illegal? Yes. Will they have the time and energy to stop me? No.

If someone, then, would use that same model and put it in a game when having the licence from Ferrari, he would be able to do that. But it would be moraly wrong.

The artist working for Codemasters was paid for modeling an F2002. He didn't do it and skipped his job. If I was in Codemasters, I would fire his ass right now. Because, even if he's not legally prosecutable, he is a big fat lazy ass.

Hope this bring a tombstone to the matter.

Guess Salamander "lawyered up" and took the issue offline, he (and a potential lawyer) have enough material to work off. We'll see the result if either the legal notice of F1 2017 suddenly contains another 3D modellers name or if the model is pulled from the game or replaced with a patch.

I'm surprised that this has so far not spread further around the net. A mention on pretendracecar, a small thread on reddit, but thats it.

Guess Salamander "lawyered up" and took the issue offline, he (and a potential lawyer) have enough material to work off. We'll see the result if either the legal notice of F1 2017 suddenly contains another 3D modellers name or if the model is pulled from the game or replaced with a patch.

I'm surprised that this has so far not spread further around the net. A mention on pretendracecar, a small thread on reddit, but thats it.

It's also on Codemasters' forums.

But besides that, as has been explained at length here, he won't come off it fully unscathed either, and to me it rather looks like he realised this and took the high road.

But besides that, as has been explained at length here, he won't come off it fully unscathed either, and to me it rather looks like he realised this and took the high road.

It's been well explained that he would get off unscathed, as all the posters with experience in this subject have said.

Sue. The wireframe model is purely your ip as it doesn't resemble the true car directly. (that's in Ferrari's CAD files somewhere) Do not take the textures into account as they contain content that isn't yours to use.

I would really suggest starting a funding campaign for juridical assistance as this will show how much of the community is behind you even if you do not win. If the campaign is not credit-card-only I'm sure I'll do a donation as well.

Told you it was funny...
Never read so much spin.
'Modding' as you people call it, is stealing.
It really does stop and start with the guy that made the Ferrari, that is not a Ferrari, yet some say here that it is a Ferrari, or a car that is in the image of a Ferrari, however it is so much like a Ferrari that a company stole it from him..
To use as a Ferrari.

I seem to of upset a few sensitive souls by calling the 'Modder' a thief.
He is in law.
My opinion is backed by law.
If you do not like that fact, tough.
Ask a lawyer.
Ask Ferrari.
Email them, and ask Ferrari.
The brand of Ferrari is one of the most copied brands in the world, they spend millions protecting the brand in law around the world, and they do pursue people via the court systems.
Just ask them.
Yet the amusing thing is, many of you here have stated, in writing, that Codemasters have stolen something from the 'Modder'.
You have stated in writing that Codemasters are thieves.
Very brave of you.
Now prove it in a court of law.
One problem for you, you can not.
You have no evidence.
Nothing.
Oh, and another problem for you, Codemasters did not, and would not, behave in the manner some people within this thread have stated and suggested.
If you feel as strongly as some of you have stated, re-mortgage your house, and take them to court.
Prove you point, dare you..

Some of you here do not seem to understand the difference between '3-D art' and creating a '3-D model' that will be used in racing car game.
An un-licensed '3-D model' of a Ferrari F1 racing car. Instantly recognized as a Ferrari due to shape/design, branding from third-party companies (also un-licensed), copyright protected colour, un-licensed Ferrari logos, completely made-up physics... You get the idea.
Oh, one thing you 'modders' always forget, the sound.
So where do you get the sound from?
You 'rip it' from a copyrighted sound source.
In a court of law, the correct term is, 'steal'.
Funny how criminals always create their own language...
Then the un-licenced '3-D model' is offered free on the internet to be used in a racing car game.
A fully working un-licenced Ferrari F1 car in a car racing game.

'3-D art', is well art.
The artist is free to sell his art, and profit from his art.
It is just a computer generated image, in this case, of a car.
And a very good piece of art too.
The problems come when for example, a 'Modder' buys the art, and converts it into a fully working F1 race car.
Two completely different issues.
This 'Modder/artist', has done both, he is both.
One is great, and one is theft.

Fun fact; the 'modding' bit in the forum over at Assetto Corsa, well, it just stopped.
And moved over here.
Just around the time that Porsche and Assetto Corsa released some very nice cars to play with...
Now the timing of that decision, and the motive behind it is what?
See if you can work it out?
Admittedly some of you may not understand why, or pretend that you do not know why...
Still, have a go.
It is so funny to read the spin.

Clue; ask Porsche.
The motor car company that has a history of sending letters to 'modders', nicely asking them to stop doing what they are doing. Or, see you in court.
Funny that..
Funny that Porsche has a team of lawyers that understand, as stated within this thread, what 'modders' call; a 'grey area'.
Seems like the Porsche lawyers see it as a black and white issue.
Funny what people choose to forget..

Fun fact; lots of car companies send out 'nice' letters to 'modders'.
Why?
Have a think about it...
Why do you never hear about it, think about it..

It is a black and white issue, very simple too.
Try facts, and not spin.
Tell you what, ask Porsche.
Ask Ferrari.
Ask a 'Modder' to show us all one of those 'nice' letters...

Love and peace to you all..x

The correct license to be able to sell the model commercially. It can be either from Ferrari or from FOM. And no, Salamander does not have the license to sell it commercially. If He had he would would have told us ages ago when I asked him to put a value on the model.

So Salamander, here is your chance to prove me wrong, show us your license to be able able to sell the model commercially. Otherwise you're braking the law, my friend.
looks like you were right.
bacause the F2002 model which Salamandersoldier was selling at Turbosquid is removed now. He is still selling some other F1 models though.
https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=somchith3d

Last edited:
Told you it was funny...
Never read so much spin.
'Modding' as you people call it, is stealing.
It really does stop and start with the guy that made the Ferrari, that is not a Ferrari, yet some say here that it is a Ferrari, or a car that is in the image of a Ferrari, however it is so much like a Ferrari that a company stole it from him..
To use as a Ferrari.

I seem to of upset a few sensitive souls by calling the 'Modder' a thief.
He is in law.
My opinion is backed by law.
If you do not like that fact, tough.
Ask a lawyer.
Ask Ferrari.
Email them, and ask Ferrari.
The brand of Ferrari is one of the most copied brands in the world, they spend millions protecting the brand in law around the world, and they do pursue people via the court systems.
Just ask them.
Yet the amusing thing is, many of you here have stated, in writing, that Codemasters have stolen something from the 'Modder'.
You have stated in writing that Codemasters are thieves.
Very brave of you.
Now prove it in a court of law.
One problem for you, you can not.
You have no evidence.
Nothing.
Oh, and another problem for you, Codemasters did not, and would not, behave in the manner some people within this thread have stated and suggested.
If you feel as strongly as some of you have stated, re-mortgage your house, and take them to court.
Prove you point, dare you..

Some of you here do not seem to understand the difference between '3-D art' and creating a '3-D model' that will be used in racing car game.
An un-licensed '3-D model' of a Ferrari F1 racing car. Instantly recognized as a Ferrari due to shape/design, branding from third-party companies (also un-licensed), copyright protected colour, un-licensed Ferrari logos, completely made-up physics... You get the idea.
Oh, one thing you 'modders' always forget, the sound.
So where do you get the sound from?
You 'rip it' from a copyrighted sound source.
In a court of law, the correct term is, 'steal'.
Funny how criminals always create their own language...
Then the un-licenced '3-D model' is offered free on the internet to be used in a racing car game.
A fully working un-licenced Ferrari F1 car in a car racing game.

'3-D art', is well art.
The artist is free to sell his art, and profit from his art.
It is just a computer generated image, in this case, of a car.
And a very good piece of art too.
The problems come when for example, a 'Modder' buys the art, and converts it into a fully working F1 race car.
Two completely different issues.
This 'Modder/artist', has done both, he is both.
One is great, and one is theft.

Fun fact; the 'modding' bit in the forum over at Assetto Corsa, well, it just stopped.
And moved over here.
Just around the time that Porsche and Assetto Corsa released some very nice cars to play with...
Now the timing of that decision, and the motive behind it is what?
See if you can work it out?
Admittedly some of you may not understand why, or pretend that you do not know why...
Still, have a go.
It is so funny to read the spin.

Clue; ask Porsche.
The motor car company that has a history of sending letters to 'modders', nicely asking them to stop doing what they are doing. Or, see you in court.
Funny that..
Funny that Porsche has a team of lawyers that understand, as stated within this thread, what 'modders' call; a 'grey area'.
Seems like the Porsche lawyers see it as a black and white issue.
Funny what people choose to forget..

Fun fact; lots of car companies send out 'nice' letters to 'modders'.
Why?
Have a think about it...
Why do you never hear about it, think about it..

It is a black and white issue, very simple too.
Try facts, and not spin.
Tell you what, ask Porsche.
Ask Ferrari.
Ask a 'Modder' to show us all one of those 'nice' letters...

Love and peace to you all..x

You are right as in, how you expect things to be. Let's start with the thing you are describing, you are describing the bad kind of modder, the type that is banned from posting content on Race Departement. They are banned here exactly for the reasons you described, they don't build stuff; they copy models from games that have attained licenses. Which is literally what you described.

Now on to proper modders, and why what they do isn't wrong. In terms of the car models and physics models; this is all their own work. I know how sim racers like to think they are driving the real car, only sucked into some kind of TRON environment. This is not the case, you are driving a model car in a computer model. Part of this model is made by the sim developer that allows mods to be added, part of it is created by the modder trying to replicate the car as good as possible using often very vague reference.
This, together with the building of the 3d model is a lot of work, which is recognised by most IP laws as the work of the artists.
The licenses video game makers need to buy are the use of logo's an names, this is protected by copyright law, not the general shape and behavior of the car.

Legislation on the general shape and build process of the car is not protected unless patented, and most automotive solutions are not patented but kept secret as a patent expires and the innovation ends up in the public domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%