How come there are so few classic supercars!?

I grew up in the 70's and 80's, the time when supercars really came into their own. We saw the 512BB Ferrari, the Lamborghini Countach and my all time fave the Ferrari 308 GTB. Throughout my gaming history (From Need For Speed 1 to Gran Turismo 4) I've been dying to drive some of these fabled cars. So far it's only been the Countach that I've ever got my hands on as an in game car. Even in Assetto Corsa there STILL isn't a 512BB or a 308 GTB! Why!?

There's not even a classic 80's Testarossa, the 512 incarnation is nice, but, I just want the original. There are loads of modern supercars, but, I want something designed by hand and fettled by mechanics with hairy knuckles and spanners, not something designed by a mouse. The newer Lambos and Ferraris are too cold and clinical for me. I have a pack of Lamborghini Jalpas, and they are just sublime!

So, modders, c'mon, give us the real supercars, the ones that were posters, not screensavers!

I meant the physics from the current 512 with the rest from the original. Plus a Spyder so we can play Outrun in LA Canyons!

Ok, so its really about having Testarossa on the back of the car and not realism, since putting 512TR physics in a Testarossa badged body would be sacrilege as far as I'm concerned and I'm not remotely a Ferrari fanatic or purist. lol.. Ummmm yea... I guess were done here.. :roflmao::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

One issue I can see with these older supercars and sports cars is they aren't being used enough on LAC servers where they belong. The old analogue cars are surely much better for cruising than their less involving modern counterparts. The most popular LAC server is a good example of my complete lack of comprehension of MP content choices and popularity. (From memory) the Abarth 500, every type of E30 drift version race versions and all and an Audi R8... and every time I've checked over the last few weeks it is the highest population LAC server :O_o: I'd rather cruise in the S800 than the 570S. Rant over :D

Last edited:
One issue I can see with these older supercars and sports cars is they aren't being used enough on LAC servers where they belong. The old analogue cars are surely much better for cruising than their less evolving modern counterparts. The most popular LAC server is a good example of my complete lack of comprehension of MP content choices and popularity. (From memory) the Abarth 500, every type of E30 drift version race versions and all and an Audi R8... and every time I've checked over the last few weeks it is the highest population LAC server :O_o: I'd rather cruise in the S800 than the 570S. Rant over :D

I agree and have noticed this as well. Makes no bloody sense.

They make the car look worse and add drag, so not really a fan of them myself, but owners do report a marginal improvement to stability at high speed (150mph+) so they might not be entirely useless if you believe the forums. (Referring to the Countach.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%