How can i see the pitcrew in GTR Evo?

M

Metallord1987

• Metallord1987

How can i see pitcrews in GTR Evo??? i cant see one when i get to the box. I didnt deselect anything in the menu its the same on automatic and non automatic pitstop.

The pit system in Evo is far superior to GTR2. I don't know why everyone is focusing on the facade and not the function.

The actual time in the pits is much more realistic (GTR2 took too long because of the animations). And it has customized pit stop presets.

I don't know how any serious racer can say the GTR2 pits were better. I would much rather have a proper functioning pit system than eye candy animations.

Fully agree with you gears! I was really thinking that i was the only one with the same opinion.
The graphics in GTR 2 were great but the action it self was poor. Still have nightmares of my pitcrew abandoning me in Zhuhai's league race last year. They sprinted away in the pitbox when the saw my Porsche coming and never to return :p

Fully agree with you gears! I was really thinking that i was the only one with the same opinion.
The graphics in GTR 2 were great but the action it self was poor. Still have nightmares of my pitcrew abandoning me in Zhuhai's league race last year. They sprinted away in the pitbox when the saw my Porsche coming and never to return :p

bram i never told you but i paid them by then my race was screwed anyways :p

No pit crew is another thing like only one type of dry tyre that I do not like with GTRE

Trevor
it does not bother me much as the new system is far superior to the pit system in gtr2 as it sucked, if you were to quick and overshot your spot by even 1 inch it was all over but in race07 u just hit reverse and the option to select what you want before u stop is how it should be.
Regarding the tyres well it is now based on the wtcc series and the races they run are more sprint based and i think they only have a limit of 16 dry tyres per car per meeting so i guess this is why we only now see one compound. Yes it is not so interesting for endurance races but i guess we can not get everything.

Why do the pit crew keep forgetting to clean my damn windscreen though??!?!

... think we should go get one of those guys you always see hanging around at traffic lights with their bucket and squeegee things ... they would make a fortune down in pit lane!! :pound:

simbin says it all

couple of weeks back, simbin released a big long Q+A thingy, about seven pages if i remember correctly. in there - again if i remember correctly - they said they have a whole animated pit crew lying around on their harddrives, it is just too damn complicated for most people's PCs to put it into place. There were obviously many such decisions being made before the release of GTR Evo and I for one - still running a one core AMD Athlon - am glad about it. For example, they cut down on the graphic detail of the Nordschleife heavily. Hell, if my system has to deal with that track, you can literally feel it teetering and tottering, but it manages, thx to some solid "common sense" in Sweden :)

@Bram: maybe you might want to work on your pit lane driving style, they might have had a good reason to jump!

• Ian Landry

it does not bother me much as the new system is far superior to the pit system in gtr2 as it sucked, if you were to quick and overshot your spot by even 1 inch it was all over but in race07 u just hit reverse and the option to select what you want before u stop is how it should be.

You guys do not use the auto pit option? I find that using that allows me to select the pitstop options (if different from the presets) while driving down to the box...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%