How can I appeal my ban on sim racing system?

Hello all,

I'm sure there are plenty of people going around saying "I didn't do anything! I should get unbanned!" even though they cheated or wrecked a ton of people.

I am NOT one of these people.

I had a whopping 0 incidents/negative ratings on my profile before the race I got banned for. I was permanently banned for repeatedly cutting the track in a single race. I was not penalized for my cuts because AC simply didn't detect them. I was not using any external software. This cut was possible for everyone participating in the race. This was corner 4 at Magione in the Peugeot 106 Rally back in June.

My reason for cutting the track was that I had seen numerous other drivers doing this during this specific race week. I thought it was stupid but also a little amusing and I figured if it was possible for everyone in the race, there was no harm in trying it in a race where I was already leading by a substantial amount, so I tried it for about half of a race. I have no problem admitting this. I know it was stupid and I will never do it again. However, banning me permanently for this is a joke. Especially when I had a perfectly clean record.

Please, if anyone from SRS sees this, please give my case another look. If someone else knows how to contact them directly, please forward this along. I have emailed them 4 or 5 times with no response.

Thank you,
Ray

Hello all,

I'm sure there are plenty of people going around saying "I didn't do anything! I should get unbanned!" even though they cheated or wrecked a ton of people.

I am NOT one of these people.

I had a whopping 0 incidents/negative ratings on my profile before the race I got banned for. I was permanently banned for repeatedly cutting the track in a single race. I was not penalized for my cuts because AC simply didn't detect them. I was not using any external software. This cut was possible for everyone participating in the race. This was corner 4 at Magione in the Peugeot 106 Rally back in June.

My reason for cutting the track was that I had seen numerous other drivers doing this during this specific race week. I thought it was stupid but also a little amusing and I figured if it was possible for everyone in the race, there was no harm in trying it in a race where I was already leading by a substantial amount, so I tried it for about half of a race. I have no problem admitting this. I know it was stupid and I will never do it again. However, banning me permanently for this is a joke. Especially when I had a perfectly clean record.

Please, if anyone from SRS sees this, please give my case another look. If someone else knows how to contact them directly, please forward this along. I have emailed them 4 or 5 times with no response.

Thank you,
Ray

I can see that you are upset with the ban. However, if I was trying to appeal a blanket ban I wouldn't call it 'a joke'. If it was a league race I suspect you would've been banned, so I don't think you have much room to manoeuvre.*

I signed up to SRS a few years back but I never bothered with any of the races. My recollection of the signing up process is very vague. Is it not possible to sign up again with a new steam/AC account?

Last edited:
I think your chances are pretty slim.

From my experience the bans are pronounced liberally and sometimes even for asking uncomfortable questions in the forum.

So find yourself another possibility for simracing.

Have a look at simracing.gp

It´s still in the formative fase and doesn´t have the multitude of races (yet),
but the community is nice and the moderators are actually helpfull.

See you there

MFG Carsten

I think your chances are pretty slim.

From my experience the bans are pronounced liberally and sometimes even for asking uncomfortable questions in the forum.

So find yourself another possibility for simracing.

Have a look at simracing.gp

It´s still in the formative fase and doesn´t have the multitude of races (yet),
but the community is nice and the moderators are actually helpfull.

See you there

MFG Carsten

Thank you for the info and suggestion. That's too bad regarding Sim Racing System but some other alternatives do have potential so I'll take your advice and try them out. Would be cool to see you on track sometime!

I can see that you are upset with the ban. However, if I was trying to appeal a blanket ban I wouldn't call it 'a joke'. If it was a league race I suspect you would've been banned, so I don't think you have much room to manoeuvre.*

I signed up to SRS a few years back but I never bothered with any of the races. My recollection of the signing up process is very vague. Is it not possible to sign up again with a new steam/AC account?

Your observation is correct. I handled this situation with more care originally, but seeing as though SRS hasn't replied to me since the ban in June, I'm at the point where I just want to get their attention.

This was not a league race but rather a regular weekly series. This specific race probably had close to 100 instances during the week.

None of my attempts to make new accounts have made it past the verification stage. They probably see that it's near the name of a banned account and throw it out.

Thanks for your reply.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back