How are you liking the latest build?

Having only spent about 2 hours on track since release I'm still very happy with the new build. While there is no new exciting content such as new cars/tracks and thus the build doesn't seem too amazing from the release notes I'm loving it due to the updates to the new tyre model!
The updated NTM has finally reached a state where you really can hustle the cars around again, mainly thanks to the improved low speed grip. Combined with the grip drop off when abusing tyres it makes for a great driving experience. Never before have I had that much confidence in slow corners within iRacing as now. - I'm certainly looking forward to do some racing again in iRacing. Ive never really noticed, but I have not joined many races in the last year and it now dawns on me that it was due to the sometimes somewhat unpredictable tyre model.

What's your take on the build?

Skippy, MX5 Cup, Radical, Riley, Ford GT...NTM, WoW, great

Williams is little bit strange but then again I didn´t even warmed up tires enough to judge it, Vette I tried only on Daytona Road and it was quite bad possibly because of bumpy track

loving this build so far, too bad we didn´t get any car or track at the same time :rolleyes:

was hoping the "can I be your spotter" option was there....apart from that ....I'm lovin' it :D

yeah, I was quite surprised that this did not make it into the build after what has been shown on the last iRacing TV episode. Would have expected more endurance features for this build.

But as already mentioned the build is great thanks to the physics updates and according to the poll the verdict is quite clear :cool:

New build is great :)

Just got my oval C-license and drove the Truck for the first time, pure fun! And I knew nothing about Nascar before iRacing but I really enjoy driving left and left and left and left again :)

As for the road side, I 'm going for the DP this season and try to focus on just one car

I am liking the Corvette and the HPD. I did run the full season last season in the Star Mazda, now I can't drive it. Mostly because I am loving the Corvette too much to drive anything else. The Riley is nice as well. I am testing cars at Watkins Glen because that is right in my back yard, well almost.

New build is great :)

Just got my oval C-license and drove the Truck for the first time, pure fun! And I knew nothing about Nascar before iRacing but I really enjoy driving left and left and left and left again :)

As for the road side, I 'm going for the DP this season and try to focus on just one car
hope to meet you in the truck fixed series then, alos moved up and really enjoying it, but going very cautiously still :)

I think I met you wednesday, fixed race of 8:45pm ;-)
But I had a connection loss during the race, I think because of the web update.

I did a non-fixed race after that one, using my fixed setup, and if I hadn't been taken out in the beginning of the race I would have had a nice finish. I loved the tactical aspect of the longer non-fixed race.

yep, that appeals top me as well, gonna try one of those. sadly i only have two more tracks in the series, richmond and daytona. richmond looks a bot scary, quite short and not so much track width, daytona i will definitely try out the non-fixed, there will be tons of good setups on the iracing forum.

I really enjoy driving the FW31 now. Don't judge it by using the provided setups - they are still the ones for OTM. Try the setup posted in the forums by Jacob Nielsen (for Road Atlanta), it feels really nice and I found it a good starting point.

Being only new to iracing i can say the new update is a vast improvemennt. Had nearly a month before the update and the difference in the way the tyres on the car behave is like night and day. The mustang is really poor to drive at the moment as this hasn't got the new tyre update :(

Star Mazda is an understeering piece of junk. Tire telemetry still doesn't make any sense. This new tire model on the star mazda just feels like a tweaked old tire model. It still slides around and doesn't act like a slick tire at all. The force feed back went from being o.k to completely numb. Sub expires in Aug. and I won't be renewing. $500 for this?! LOL.

Star Mazda is an understeering piece of junk. Tire telemetry still doesn't make any sense. This new tire model on the star mazda just feels like a tweaked old tire model. It still slides around and doesn't act like a slick tire at all. The force feed back went from being o.k to completely numb. Sub expires in Aug. and I won't be renewing. $500 for this?! LOL.

I have the exactly opposite feeling.

Not with the Mazda but with the new build, for me it improved dramatically :)

There will be at least one big new build before your membership ends.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back