How are money awarded for races in rF1?

Hi. Does anyone know how credits are calculated to be awarded for a race, in rFactor 1? Approximately.

I'm going through the out-of-the-box championships, and earning money for cars and upgrades through single races. However the amount of money I get for a race seems rather random: sometimes it's less than 1000 credits, other times something around 5000 (in the ZR series)—even though I tend to keep retrying each race until I finish first.

I know about the cheat and mods, but I'm fine with earning credits—I like to have some goals in the game, just out of my reach. Only would prefer for the sums to make more sense.

Does the race length affect the award? I usually run shortish races, to not botch a half-hour of effort with the inevitable mistake.

Also it vaguely feels like even if I restart the race, I still get some money for the unfinished attempt.

RaceDepartment Store (5% Premium Member Discount)

• Featured
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
The ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 X is the perfect size and shape for all formula-style and single-seater race cars. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 369,95 Features Officially licensed for Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S Formula-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 270 mm...
Through our partnership with CLG, one of the largest esports organisations in the world, we’re beyond proud to present our official limited edition CLG Pro XL Gaming Chair. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 379,95 Bringing together our expertise of creating the highest quality gaming chairs...
The ELITE Series is designed to enhance your gaming experience. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 299,95 A combination of form and function, these chairs are designed to give a wide range of adjustability to fit gamers preferences and movements throughout the day. Featuring high-quality...
  • Featured
Celebrating our partnership with Formula 1™ as official provider of the F1® Esports Series, the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports V2 is designed for driving Formula 1 cars at the limit. The V2 comes with magnetic shifters, customisable RGB LEDs, revised electronics, and an exchangeable quick...
Enhance your simracing talent with Cube Controls Formula Sport Wireless. A powerful Wireless experience. Superior tactile precision. Designed to unlock your potential. Built with stronger materials. Rock-solid electronics. Integrated Simucube Wireless module. Battery life up to 40 hours of use...
The human body memorizes muscle tension much better than foot position. This is why all car brakes measure the pressure and not the travel. Race and F1 cars have almost no travel at all. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 29,95 Features Can be used on the brake pedal of the ClubSport Pedals V3...