How are cars stopping so quick?

Been playing ACC in public lobbies and was wondering how cars are stopping so quick.
I brake around the 100m board but other cars are braking around 50-75m

So is it down to the car setup or using a wheel and not a controller?

Been playing ACC in public lobbies and was wondering how cars are stopping so quick.

It's a bit down to the setup, definitely to some extend to the aero settings.
And of course camber, abs and tyre pressures.

I think the main thing though is that the quicker drivers can brake longer because they brake deeper into the corners and therefore put their braking distance as a whole further into the turns but also because they simply go quicker through the corners.

Whether or not you can pull that off with a controller I don't know. I know I personally couldn't. In theory it's possible though.

Oh and of course the cars are all different! So you need to compare the same car for this comparison.

Not that i can do it, but here's the wiki-artcile to the proper breaking technique for light cars or cars with ABS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_braking#Driving

Oh heck i used to be worse than that. I could not imagine how to slow the car down enough at the 100m board to make the corner. I am getting better and most of the time i can pass the 100m board and make the corner but not too far past. I have found the the bias has a lot to do with it. Trying to get all four wheels to brake evenly when going straight and then not lock the front wheels on corner entry is a bit hard for me to do

Oh heck i used to be worse than that. I could not imagine how to slow the car down enough at the 100m board to make the corner. I am getting better and most of the time i can pass the 100m board and make the corner but not too far past. I have found the the bias has a lot to do with it. Trying to get all four wheels to brake evenly when going straight and then not lock the front wheels on corner entry is a bit hard for me to do
Which track are we talking about btw?
And how do you manage to lock the fronts with abs? :redface::barefoot:

I would assume its not so much the locking, but even with ABS you can get a bit of push in the car if it is active. I always find cadence/threshold braking works better than just mashing the ABS in 99% of occasions.
That I agree with!
You can mash the pedal until you start to turn in with the abs in acc but of course the tyres will just understeer and scrub if you keep the brakes at 100% :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%