How about Cayman R?

I've never seen any flavor of Cayman in any sim. That's the one car that I could see buying if I had cubic money. I'd sure like to see the R in AC. Porsche is one brand that's conspicuously absent. Of course, dreaming, it would be nice to have the 918 or 919...

I've never seen any flavor of Cayman in any sim. That's the one car that I could see buying if I had cubic money. I'd sure like to see the R in AC. Porsche is one brand that's conspicuously absent. Of course, dreaming, it would be nice to have the 918 or 919...
EA have exclusive rights to the Porsche brand.
Kunos got the license for RUF a while ago, which essentially build their cars from unmarked Porsche chassis's.

Whilst I doubt anyone would drive a Cayman more than a couple of times, let alone race it, your best bet would be a modder.

It is, as you say, conspicuously absent, because Porsche gives out the license to include their cars very sparingly.
Developers like Polyphony Digital and others include therefore the RUF ones.

Clarkson:
"The Cayman, the Porsche you bought, because you didn't have the money for a 911."
"The Cayman, the Porsche Cockster."

Last edited:
I think Chris is refering to the underwhelming, depressing, staff motivation killing sign up rate for road cars and conversely the overwhelming, hope crushing, staff organizational overcharging sign up rate for GT3 events.

:ninja:

World Cup & summer time - participation is pretty low atm additionally.

I think Chris is refering to the underwhelming, depressing, staff motivation killing sign up rate for road cars and conversely the overwhelming, hope crushing, staff organizational overcharging sign up rate for GT3 events.

Haha, well I'm quite amazed actually, as we have a decent sized grid for this Friday night with the 458 vs 12C.
Don't get me wrong, I love driving the GT3 cars, they're great fun. But it's a pity that they seem to be the overwhelming favourite and not much else is able to fill a grid.
But I'm actually just talking about how certain cars aren't good for racing with.
Perhaps the R version of Cayman would be okay, because it's more track oriented.

In GTR 2, and I think also in GTR Evolution, there's not only a GT3 RS, but also a GT3 RSR.

Okay... That's nice. :O_o:
However GT3 RSR is a proper race car. So if something like that came to AC then hey, that would be brilliant!
But a road car like a Cayman probably wouldn't be ideal for racing.
I'm sure it'd be lovely to drive by itself on like a track day (practice mode), but not for racing.

In GTR 2, and I think also in GTR Evolution, there's not only a GT3 RS, but also a GT3 RSR.
Actually, that's not technically true any more. Don't forget GTR2 is an ooooold game now and licensing is an issue (I believe). If you have GTR2 on Steam, the Ferrari and the Porsche are no longer available in game. SimBim mention it here. Steam discussion here.

Because it's just one of those sort of boring, generic street cars that no one will race. Just like the Lotus Exige S Roadster.

It may be nice to turn a few laps in practice mode just because driving street cars can be enjoyable by themselves, but racing them is just awful.
Chris, i can fully understand your viewpoint since you're a "pro racer", but i'm pretty sure at least half of AC buyers will start at lower levels. And if "opinion makers" say something is bad (street cars are boring), people generally follow, that's how it is. For my level of competence, every car is worth racing and i'm not ashamed of that. Why would Kunos put boring cars on their car list?
If a car is boring, that does not always make a race with that car boring too.

Ah, I see that you were coming from a space where only racing matters. For me, that's not the primary attraction of sims. I just enjoy the pure high-speed driving experience; I almost never raced in the programs. But very recently I've decided to have a go at it. I do wish though that more people wanted to race in open-wheel cars. I find that I prefer to see the track and the world more than I can in the closed-cockpit cars.

I've now become licensed; as soon as I receive my headset and configure TeamSpeak, I'll be ready to try a race. I tried a couple of times just with the built-in online feature, but only found one other car. The first time, he punted me off twice in the race; the second time, he punted me off in practice and never left the grid when the race started. I've gotten the flavor of what all the disparaging comments on the forum about the public servers are referring to. I really look forward to a fun racing experience with good-natured real people.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back